Context menu item to upload ALL Server Actions

We already have a context menu to upload an individual Server Action

and a context menu to upload a folder of Server Actions

but I would like to be able to upload ALL Server Actions, currently no option to do this

I find that I am changing queries in Server Actions to either include a new database table or field, or to make them more efficient, or to introduce a condition etc but this could affect lots of different Server Actions in different folders. When I have finished making the changes I simply want to upload ALL changed Server Actions in one go.

You can simply select your folder in the file manager and click the Upload button.

1 Like

Hi Teodor, I hadn’t actually thought about that. I have just had a look at your suggestion and I think my request is still valid.

To do as you say, you have to navigate to the Files folder, go to the root (in my case), then dmxConnect, and then upload the api folder (not obvious as you may be looking for Server Actions folder). It is a bit more long-winded than simply right-clicking the Server Actions folder (when you are already there) and clicking Upload. I know it’s not a major request, but I do think it is a simple and very useful one.

Perhaps here?

I certainly see your point and I’m sure many people would find this useful. However I wouldn’t often want to upload the whole folder, but only files which had been modified recently - during the last day or last two hours etc. Apart from anything else, I tend to have a few test files or copies which I might be keeping temporarily or for reference.

Sorting files by date isn’t possible in Wappler, but it seems some sorting will be added in Pages view. If this were extended at some point, so we could view a list of any type of files, changed within the last two hours let’s say, and then upload them - that would be really useful. I use some wonderful software called Everything for this. I just type:
dm:last2hours C:\wamp64\www\mywebsite\www\dmxConnect\api
… and then FTP them.

I’m sorry for the slight digression, but I can imagine something like this being feasible in Wappler (perhaps v5).

Hey Brian, isn’t that where my 3rd screenshot pointed to? :wink:

Some valid points Tom. I always used to like Dreamweaver’s Synchronize utility, especially the IGNORE and COMPARE features, before committing.

I like the idea of “only files modified in last hour / day / week”, as well as being able to flag a file as IGNORE which I would like to see on the whole files manager. I know there’s an “Exclude patterns” in the options but that is not the same thing.

Yeh, my bad! Maybe need a good rant to clear the head. :wink:

1 Like