Content Pages should inherit the App ID of the Layout Page?

Content pages should inherit the app id of the layout page otherwise there seems to be issues with the Local Storage Manager and Data Store, and possibly other Storage Manager Components.

Edited to reflect a Feature Request not a Bug Report.

I make the suggestion that all Template objects adopt the same app id as the index app id.

All application Template objects need to be the same app id, Layout/Content/Partial, for any storage based components to play nicely and consistently within your Template based designs.

Example. If your Layout Page does not have the same app id as your Content Page then Local Storage Components will not work or be selectable (if contained within your Layout Page for example), you will just get a spinning cog.

App id’s need to be consistent throughout the application.

I feel this is very important to be rectified as many users could experience the same and be entirely stumped as I have been for the past few hours… Naming all app id’s to the same rectifies any issues.

Why do I always stumble upon this type of idiosyncrasy I don’t know…? Maybe I just like breaking things hahaha… Surprised no one else has noticed this issue.

3 Likes