Contact Form Spam

I have used the honeypod that is explained on Wappler Youtube channel for a contact form but I get a lot of spam from my contact form.

Any advice??

This is the server connect action.

Captura de Pantalla 2024-03-22 a la(s) 14.28.03

This is the emails I am getting.

Hi Juan, This video may give you an idea.

Melbourne - this weekend

image vs image

2 Likes

I still own you one dollar. @ben you are always a very kind man.

2 Likes

I need to admit that @ben is the person who push me inside wappler. I had a lot of questions and he take time to personally explain me the basic concepts and was a very solid starting point. This guy is amazing. Thanks a lot,

7 Likes

I change the way that is loaded the secret key as your video suggest, on click event instead of loading with the page. I change the hidden field to d-none. Lets see if this help stop from spam. Thanks other thime @ben. Lets see F1 this weekend if I recover my dollar or own you 2. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, Ben is a Rockstar!

1 Like

I smell a Rockstar badge? Brian deserves one too

4 Likes

I recommend adding a captcha too. Honeypot traps are not effective against intentional spamming, only opportunistic spam.

Intentional spam is when someone decides to fill your e-mail inbox… Like 100 e-mails per minute :joy:

I recommend adding a modern CAPTHCA - turnstile from Cloudflare - simple to use and defeats even the AI-based bots

3 Likes

I don’t think many people realise how generous Cloudflare are with their free tier. We run everything behind Cloudflare. Standard practice. Cloudflare all the things!

2 Likes

It’s very true. They’re extremely generous. And turnstile is a frictionless bot detector

1 Like