Constant screen flickering in design view

Hi All,

I’ve only just downloaded Wappler today for the first time (so it’s the latest version in theory)

The entire time i have been running Wappler (including after a full system restart and windows update) the elements in the design view are constantly flickering.

It doesn’t matter what responsive view i am in, or what elements/blocks are added, the components are constantly flickering and making the program hard to use.

The video attached has an example.

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : Latest
Operating System : Windows 10 Home

Expected behavior

System should not be flickering constantly

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

The design view is constantly flickering.

How to reproduce

See videoScreen Flicker.mp4 (7.4 MB)

Further note… It appears that when i load either of the default included sample projects that i DO NOT get the flickering issue.

I will continue to try and resolve the issue.

Hi Philip,

Do you have any custom css file attached? Like the standard project style file?

Also can you show the code view? Does it have DOCTYPE on top?

I hadn’t attached anything outside of what is in Wappler.

After some more testing, the flickering starts after i add in Bootstrap through the Add FrameWork feature.

With just App Connect added the Design view is fine. But after adding in Bootstrap 4 the flickering starts.

I’ve tried numerous variations of BS (CDN, Local, Bootswatch variations etc…) I’m not sure if the issue is on all of them, or just some… But definitely only starts when i add BS4.

What is your exact OS, screen resolution and video card type?
Also do you run Windows 10 with larger text size? Zoom factor?

As explained here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028566/windows-10-change-the-size-of-text

is it 100% or bigger?

I’ll test those now… i may have found a reason for it but still testing.

But yes, i have a 4K monitor and run at 150% windows scaling. So i will change that to default and see how it goes.

But otherwise it is Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070
Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

My main theory though is to do with the fact that the working folder is located on a ‘network cloud’ drive that i have set up using P Cloud - https://www.pcloud.com/. When the project is set up there, if any FontAwesome 5 is loaded in that is when it starts to glitch.

It doesn’t seem to happen if i create a project on the local C drive.

Still testing to isolate the issue.

Thanks for your responses so far though George.

Phil

Ok… I’m happy to sem-resolve the issue on my end as i have a workaround, which is just using my local physical drive for the project work and not my Pcloud drive.

What triggered the issue specifically was adding a Local Framework for Font Awesome (4 or 5 it didn’t matter) when i had the project set up to install on my synced PCloud drive (this makes sense now)

I could still get the project to work if I used CDN connections for Bootstrap and Font Awesome, but for now i’ll stick with C drive installation to avoid any potential issues.

If you want any more details from me @George then feel free to ask and i’ll be happy to provide.

For anyone who cares, the reason i use PCloud is because its a great tool to create a truly synced mapped network drive where i use to store all my work content so i can seamlessly work on my desktop and my laptop and access anything there.

-Phil