Connecting to Azure SQL Server

Hi All,
I have recently started work on a new site and have a Web App and SQL Server set-up on Azure. I am able to sync my site successfully to the Web App but I am unable to connect the SQL Server. I have added my local IP address to the Azure firewall and can successfully connect via ODBC (SQL Server Native Client 11.0) but when I try to connect via Wappler I receive the following notification:

Error using this Database Connection!
Server Response: Runtime Error

Any idea what I am missing?

There should be some sort of log on sql server that will show if logins are failing for some reason, or if you arenā€™t reaching the sql server through the firewall for some reason. Would need to know a little more about your setup/

Hi @Blaub,
I have managed to track down the error message:

d:\home\site\wwwroot\dmxConnections\dmxDatabase.aspx(3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ā€˜DMXzoneā€™ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Does this help?

Hi Wappler Community!
I would really apricate any assistance or advice from anyone who could help with my sql server issue. The error message was taken from the azure log file:

d:\home\site\wwwroot\dmxConnections\dmxDatabase.aspx(3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ā€˜DMXzoneā€™ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thanks

Are you sure all the files have been uploaded to the server, possibly try do a publish through Wappler to make sure all files have been uploaded

I have forced an upload to the server via Wappler and all files are copied. When I test the connection I can see /dmxConnections/dmxDatabase.aspx uploads successfully before I receive the Runtime Error.

Unfortunately this is normally some kind of error to do with .net and I know very little about that, this is something @patrick would need to advise on.

Make sure that you upload the Bin folder to the server and that it is in the application root.

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had previously copied all files to the server (or at least I had right clicked the main directory and selected ā€œUploadā€). For some reason it appears that the bin folder was not copied but by selecting the folder directly seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,

Paul