Connecting to Azure SQL Server

Hi All,
I have recently started work on a new site and have a Web App and SQL Server set-up on Azure. I am able to sync my site successfully to the Web App but I am unable to connect the SQL Server. I have added my local IP address to the Azure firewall and can successfully connect via ODBC (SQL Server Native Client 11.0) but when I try to connect via Wappler I receive the following notification:

Error using this Database Connection!
Server Response: Runtime Error

Any idea what I am missing?

There should be some sort of log on sql server that will show if logins are failing for some reason, or if you aren’t reaching the sql server through the firewall for some reason. Would need to know a little more about your setup/

Hi @Blaub,
I have managed to track down the error message:

d:\home\site\wwwroot\dmxConnections\dmxDatabase.aspx(3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘DMXzone’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Does this help?

Hi Wappler Community!
I would really apricate any assistance or advice from anyone who could help with my sql server issue. The error message was taken from the azure log file:

d:\home\site\wwwroot\dmxConnections\dmxDatabase.aspx(3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘DMXzone’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thanks

Are you sure all the files have been uploaded to the server, possibly try do a publish through Wappler to make sure all files have been uploaded

I have forced an upload to the server via Wappler and all files are copied. When I test the connection I can see /dmxConnections/dmxDatabase.aspx uploads successfully before I receive the Runtime Error.

Unfortunately this is normally some kind of error to do with .net and I know very little about that, this is something @patrick would need to advise on.

Make sure that you upload the Bin folder to the server and that it is in the application root.

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had previously copied all files to the server (or at least I had right clicked the main directory and selected “Upload”). For some reason it appears that the bin folder was not copied but by selecting the folder directly seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,

Paul