Config.js file - existing file has been deleted and new file recreated

Hello,

Today I noticed in the Git Manager history that the existing config.js file in the folder public/dmxAppConnect/config.js file had been deleted a couple of commits ago and a new file has been recreated with new data and without any previous data.

What is the impact of this on the development process in Wappler editor? Do I need to copy contents of the previous config file in the newly created file to bring it back to its previous stage?

Hey buddy,

Feel free to copy and paste the backup you have.
There is an issue spotted with config.js… It usually happens when wappler crashes and the config.js looses its content.
Mainly caused on DataView or DataStore components (at least).
Team working on fixxing this!

Until it is fixxed, I suggest you taking copies localy just to be safe:

Strongly recommented specially when adding/updating one of the two components I mentioned above (DataView, DataStore) in your pages.

1 Like

Hi @famousmag,

You’re right; I was adding a new DataView component and Wappler crashed when selecting a data source. I will copy the content from the previously saved file to re-instate all the config settings.

Thanks for confirming that it’s okay to copy content from the previous file.

1 Like

was this happening with the latest Wappler version? or are you using an old one.

Hi George, this happened in the latest version 6.3.3 Stable channel.

The new file was created only with one page flow entry when I modified an existing page flow.