Coming from Bubble I am trying to understand the stack Wappler publishes - can you help?

Ok, this may seem like a dumb question, but I am trying to understand some of the basics about Wappler.

So I get that the front end of Wappler is using html, javascript, css, bootstrap etc. But in order to help get my head around Wappler can anyone shed some light on the stack used by Wappler.

So frontend I get, backend I get you can use MYSQL for the db but what is the controller bit?

I see some reference to php and ASP.Net etc. How does wappler connect to the databases and run the queries etc?

For example is it something like?

• html, javascript, css
  • Php, ASP .NET
  • Mysql etc.

Hope this makes sense?

Many thanks!

Hello @StevenM
Wappler connects to your database using a serverside script i.e. a PHP, ASP or ASP.NET file depending on the server model you selected for your project. What you select there depends on the server you are using for your project.
The database stuff like queries is also done on the server side, by our server side framework - Server Connect and its components.

ah ok, yep thought that was the case but just wanted to make sure. Setting up my project I selected php and wanted to know what was going on, so is clear now thanks!

1 Like

Nice to see you around Steven. Happy wappling.

1 Like

Wappler has a great feature, that really lets you dive into it quickly with out setting up database servers.
Search for “docker target”, to get a run down, there was a 4 part doc series on how to set it up.

It’s very easy, just download docker desktop, setup a local docker target in Wappler, deploy, then use the target settings to configure a database management tool to setup the database (once you’ve finished playing around with the pre loaded tables).

2 Likes

Great thanks, that is handy to know was getting that sorted now and wondered how to do this. Very help[ful! thanks!

@tesla wow I have been officially blown away!!! Docker integration just converted me!

1 Like