Combining rows of Repeat Children

I have a page with three rows of content elements that I want to bind to my json file. Should I go though the Repeat Children process for each row, or is there a way to combine bind all of them to the json file at once? There is only one json file for all of the elements that need binding.

Is it all three rows that repeat as a set? Put your rows in a ā€˜sectionā€™ and apply the repeat to the section tag? Kinda hard to figure out what you are trying to do.

Hi Brad,

It is three rows in a single container for one page.

At this point I canā€™t even get one row to bind. So My question is premature. What Iā€™m trying to do is educate myself on the binding process for the elements that I want to be filled into each page by Wappler as I change the pages.

On the single row repeat1, I am able to get to the presentation of page including the items (image, title, paragraph) to be bound. Is there a ā€œHow Toā€ that picks up on the ā€œWorking with json dataā€ article?

Also, is there a way to test each of the pages for each ID?

Thanks for your assistance

John

These two documents should explain a bit further. They are based on databases but it should be exactly the same concept.

Once you get the filtering with a URL parameter figured out you can test each ID by manually entering the ID in the settings instead of the expression. That will make more sense once you get that far.

Also: In order to see your bindings on your page you will need to actually upload to a server. They may not be visible in Design View.

Thanks for the document leads.
Iā€™m trying to build this without a server, so I guess testing each by ID will have to do.
I want to draw the elements for each page from a json file
John

Then you are wasting your time. You will need some sort of server to pull the data from the JSON File.

Will installing a WAMP on my computer serve this purpose?

Yes, you can use WAMP. Be sure to read their documentation on setting it up.

Are You saying that I cannot even get Wappler to work with a json file to build the app on my desktop?

Yes you can use any local JSON data file. No need for database if you already have all the data in a JSON file and you donā€™t need to let the users change it.

See:

I think the question was more do you need a server, not a database. I believe you still need a server, donā€™t you?

No, you can run the HTML files directly in your browser. Some browsers, like Chrome wonā€™t show the data because of CORS policy, so you need to adjust its settings to allow loading the json data from a file//: link.
Edge/Firefox have no such issues.

Iā€™m sorry guys. But I cannot get my json to bind to the content in the page. It worked once this morning. And since then I have rebuilt to page about 6 times.
Iā€™m at my witā€™s end unless someone is willing to walk me through it, I will move on. The jaso data is critical.
Let me know if you have some other ideas.

We cannot help you more that what the tutorial explains (and it is really detailed), as we discussed this million times in the last 6 daysā€¦

Ok, Iā€™ve invested 7 days in this, but I have to move on to a different platform.

Iā€™ve learned how to follow the tutorial by rote memory. I cannot explain why it works sometime and not others.

You really need to get yourself the tools to share/control your customerā€™s desktop. It would have saved us all a lot of time. For instance, when I saw the your video, I knew exactly what was wrong.

Good luck to you all.
John

Hi Teodor,
Sorry to bother you one last time, but I cannot find the page to downgrade my subscription to the free version. I would still like to stay in touch with your progress.
Please advise,
John

Click on your photo in the bottom left corner of Wappler

09%20PM

Then click on Cancel Auto Renew?

1 Like

Hi Brad,
Thanks to you and your associates for assistance this week.
Iā€™ll bring someone with me that knows more about data binding when I return.
John

Good luck to you, John. I hope you find a solution that works for you. :wink:

Thanks Brad.

We already have a solution, but I hoped yours would be better.

Let me know if you know some freelance coders that you would recommend.

John