Code View v2.3.3

After trying all of the different themes I have settled on using ‘Code Dark’ as my preference so my findings are based on that theme.

I want to say that code view is definitely improved! Selections are now accurate, ttag pairs are nicely selected, auto add closing tag now works. PHP pages are now recognized as HTML. Overall the code view is now so much more usable!

One thing that is still a bit annoying is the tag popup text … can this be made into a preference to have these show or not? I can see them being useful for some people. But I find them annoying and would love the option to turn them off.

Thanks for a useful code view! I’m very happy with it!

2 Likes

And ‘Format Document’ does a very nice job as well!!! :beer::grin:

2 Likes

Where are the multiple cursors??? :sob:

Click and then Alt+click to add cursors. Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Up/Down to apply multiple cursors. There are more options listed in the Command Palette.

I would certainly be upset if this feature didn’t work - but they seem to work even better with Monaco.

1 Like

Actually most of the code editing and keys should work just as in Visual Studio Code, as it also uses Monaco as its base:

2 Likes

More learning. Problem is that my mind is already saturated to full capacity. I guess that if I throw out some of the knowledge gained while using a previous IDE, it should free up some space.

What I am trying to say is, GRANDIOSE, I love it.

3 Likes

What is this multiple cursors? Why would you need multiple cursors?

Suppose you want to add a class to each of these:

You could edit each line, clicking in the relevant spot and then typing or pasting… Or, you could click just once and make cursors appear like this, then just type once:

Multiple cursors can be placed anywhere - not just in a vertical line. I might want to change a query name in several places:

3 Likes