Code view becomes unresponsive when design view is stuck

I have come across what may be the same problem. Several times during the last few days, it seems I cannot edit in code view. I enter a keystroke and nothing happens. However, if I wait, perhaps for 10-15 seconds, the character appears.

It may be that it seems there is an error in what I’m typing (and this may be true) but it may be that it will make sense when I’ve finished typing - if I could. I’ll send a debug file. It covers less than a minute while I try to type two characters; during that time there are over 600 ‘Lexer Error: Unexpected token’.

Restarting Wappler seems to help, but sometimes Wappler freezes and I have to force quit. I think this is a new problem, since the last update. Having said that, most of the time everything’s working fine.

You have a very different issue Tom…

You managed to put App Connect in a faulty endless loop - spitting out only tons bad expression errors to the console. This happens so much that the whole design view gets stick and actually stops all the synchronization with code view - so that is what you are experiencing …

Thanks George. I thought it might be related.

It was mainly when I was trying to solve the issue of nested repeats etc. which Patrick solved. I was probably typing things which Wappler didn’t like - but still, it wouldn’t normally seize up like this (even if I’m typing nonsense).

True, we have pretty much isolated design view, so even if it gets stuck, it shouldn’t effect the rest of Wappler.

Seems however code view have problems with that. So we have to improve that.