Code First Approach

I don’t know if its just the way my mind works but I am finding it easier to develop a page using the split view and coding it. For some reason when I use the design surface and dialogs I just get in a mess with my UI.

So I code in the editor and validate my coding by seeing the visual changes on the design surface. Since I started this approach this week I find myself a lot more productive in the IDE.

It would be really good to see some documentation for coders like me, where you can get syntax and information on dmx attributes, unless there is such a thing and I was not aware of it.

Does anyone else develop their sites like this?

5 Likes

Yes, that is exactly what I do!

I’ve slowly created a “code snippets” document which I copy dmx code from and paste into my app.

Hi, Jonathan!

You are not alone here with it. I’m also primarily using Split view and edit my expressions directly via code.
And the funny thing is, I haven’t any programming background.
I would be happy to use only visual programming tools. But the fact is currently in Wappler it would be ineffective and unstable.

So I feel like I’m stuck between visual coding and normal coding and neither of it works properly. But coding approach at least relatively fast.

I’ve raised this issue already and got some positive feedback from the community.

But sadly changes in Wappler were going in the opposite direction.

This issue was raised and discussed here again.

You can find George’s answer here.
His main point was:

From my personal view this is the opposite of how my work in Wappler goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

So all this situation has shown me that there is a big difference between how I and many other users see the effective work in Wappler and how Wappler Team sees that.

1 Like

99.99% of the time while developing I’m in Design view.

I work in split view but if you’re spending most of your time in the code then you must be missing out on the very speed and simplicity of Wappler that makes it so good.

3 Likes