Code appears in inactive file tab

Im having this problem a lot and its really annoying, i have to close and reopen Wappler and sometimes all the changes i did are missing so i have to work double. @George, there is a chance to switch to another code editor engine? Thanks

If the problem with Monaco will not be addressed by Microsoftā€¦is there any plan to work around the issue?

Microsoft reported that it might be fixed in their latest changes, but they arenā€™t releasing a new version yet - so we are waiting for that ā€¦

last version was from 6 months ago ā€¦ seems they have shifted priorities ā€¦

@George

If it helps at all, today the bug is biting, but it would seem that a temporary fix after this occurs, is to toggle from the Design tab to the Code tab on the file receiving all the errant keystrokes. After I do that, I can get back to work. It provides temporary relief. :slight_smile: Maybe it points you to a way to resolve or workaround?

This would be great to resolve. My working process is to only ever have one file open at a time which is frustrating as Iā€™m repeatedly opening and closing files just to check things or copy things when keeping them all open would be so much better.

Yes, this is also bugging me like mad, seems worst when you have a CSS file open

2 Likes

The biggest problem for us is to reproduce it. I also had it sometimes and was able to do some debugging, then I added some extra logging in the code and wanted to reproduce it again but didnā€™t happen. Spend a whole day trying to reproduce it without any success.

Without knowing what exactly is causing it and how to reproduce, it will be difficult for us to fix. I hope that I am able to reproduce it sometime to work on a fix.

From what I currently know is that it is a focus issue. Seems that a previous editor didnā€™t get a blur and thinks it has focus. If you go to that editor tab, focus it and then go back to the previous editor fixes it. Why it didnā€™t blur the editor in some cases is not yet known by us, probably some racing condition when a new tab/editor is opened.

3 Likes

With the new monaco update which will be included in the next Wappler update it should be gone. If it still happens after the update then open a new topic for it.

1 Like

This should be now fixed in Wappler 3.4.0 - the latest version of Monaco Editor has been added there.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.