Cloud Hetzner and Docker with NodeJS

Thank You JonL
Wow also this problem solved
Instead I must have got it all wrong with regards to the DNS pointing to direct the domain to the Cloud Hetzner server.
The site page is unclear or perhaps my knowledge on the subject is insufficient.
Also because I’m used to a server providing me with 2 or 3 DNS + IPs to replace the existing ones
I asked for support but no one has spoken yet
I hope to solve this also because it is absolutely necessary for viewing the site

George
SSL Let’s Encript very nice and interesting, but unfortunately with Hetzner I can’t manage networks, completely different from Ocean
Is there a tutorial for Hetzner too?

Networks is something completely different - it is for private networks between your servers.

For using custom domains you just need to add your server up to the dns that is all.

And how to do that depends on where you have registered your domain. You can also do that with hetzner I think.

The domain in question is registered in Italy on Aruba Business.
Normally to point to an external server, I have to enter from 2 to 4 DNS (with text and IP) that are provided by the destination server (as an example Interserver provides 3 DNS / IP. In this case all the DNS of Aruba Business are deactivated
Alternatively, the IP addresses of the various records can be changed
The problem is that with Hetzner I can’t find the DNS to replace and I don’t know how to do it, also because I risk making a mistake

Hi,
I tink you are referring to nameservers. You should make the change at Aruba. Create a A pointer at Aruba under the domain you like. Then enter the IP of the server you want it to point at.

The problem is that previously the 3 IP pointing DNSs were replaced to point to Interserver and I should replace them with Htzner’s ones. Otherwise I would have to recreate the original DNS of the domain maintainer and then modify

Then you should create the A record at Interserver. Is the 3 IP you changes nameserver records?
Like do they have NS in the name?

Is it possible for you to make some screen shots? You can blur out the sensitive information like IP:s and so.

But I have to exclude Interserver otherwise it becomes a vicious circle, because the domain is on Aruba Business and must point to Hetzner
As mentioned, there are usually 3 addresses (with relative IP) to enter, but I can’t find them in Hetzner

I don’t remember how I found these, but they are wrong and don’t work
Schermata 2021-03-28 alle 17.07.41

You don’t have to use hetzner domain services.

Just use your existing domain registrar and its DNS services and just point jour domain A record to the IP of the hetzner server - that is all!

Yes, this is the name servers. You should not need to change these. You need to log in to interserver and add/edit the DNS records of the domain and add the IP of your server.

You are mixing up nameservers and DNS records.

1. If you own a domain name it is registered with a registrar.
  2. You then point the domain name to your DNS provider via NS (nameserver) records.
  3. You point the domain to your services via the DNS provider.

OK thanks
However, it is necessary to exclude InterServer in order not to create a useless path. I will reset the DNS of the maintainer and then I will change the IP values necessary for viewing the site

Hi George
I finally set up the site with Wappler / Docker / Hetzner and everything works perfectly both locally and in production.
But as far as the Traefik setting is concerned, unfortunately I can’t finish it, because it always produces an error. I have tried several times

This is error

`Deploy Services on Docker Machine cloud.xxxxxx.it …
Removing traefik
wappler-compose_portainer_1 is up-to-date
Recreating 704df41d9583_traefik …
Recreating 704df41d9583_traefik … error

ERROR: for 704df41d9583_traefik Cannot start service traefik: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint traefik (9c45656b70714171ab34ec310e308cfeb0a70010040f806a73c5047dfaf0dd94): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated

ERROR: for traefik Cannot start service traefik: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint traefik (9c45656b70714171ab34ec310e308cfeb0a70010040f806a73c5047dfaf0dd94): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
Error Deploying Services on Docker Machine cloud.xxxxxxg.it!
`

You have to clear the port of your website url as described in the docs:

But in the tutorial, if I’m not mistaken, the change of web address and deletion of the port are after the creation of traefik
But if it gives me an error, what should I do? Do I need to clear the port first?

Just make sure the site is not deployed yet or stopped first.

Ok that was the problem

The first Docker / Hetzner / nodeJS project ended happily and works great
Now I’m trying to set up a new project with another domain, faithfully repeating what I did for the previous one. But unfortunately I immediately find an error in the creation of the remote target.
I have tried several times, but I cannot proceed
What may have happened?
It seems that Docker detects the presence of a project with the same name, perhaps due to the fact of repeated attempts. But I deleted in Docker from Dashboard and Images

Error creating machine: Error in driver during machine creation: could not create server: server name is already used (uniqueness_error) Fetching Docker Machines ... Error Creating Docker Machine! Done!

Well give your new server a new name of course :slight_smile:

yes of course, even if I was hoping to be able to cancel the project and then use names according to an ordered scheme. I didn’t understand if the duplication is caused by Wappler, Docker or Hetzner