Clean Unused Docker Images - not working properly

Wappler Version : 4.6.3 (stable)
Operating System : Mac M1
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: Maria
Hosting Type: Docker AWS

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Clicking the 'Clean unused docker images' button should remove them from the host.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

As mentioned in the below post, SSH into the host and running the command removes the images whereas clicking the button in the UI does not resulting in errors for no space when deploying:

Bump.

Using the broomstick clean function does make some difference but doesn’t clear all the prunable docker elements. I clicked on it just now and it completed and gave a success alert.

SSH into Host Server straight afterwards (no deploys) and run sudo docker system prune and it cleared A LOT of extra cached objects:

Yes we currently clean only unused images with the cleaning function.

Is there a reason for that?

If so, it might be worth making it clear that a periodic full prune via SSH is still needed.

If not, can it be extended to clear cached builds?

If you make changes here, please consider that some of us have containers running alongside the Wappler docker containers, so those should probably not be touched.

For example I have a project where Caddy server is used to reverse proxy into the Wappler node container. The caddy server is separated so that it stays running during deployments and/or node server issues.

Well the docker system prune is only removing not running containers and unused images.

I was thinking to improve it a bit like it is in vscode:

2 Likes