Classic ASP setup on Mac with parallels

Not sure what to tell you - as you can see, the instructions were followed as to how to enable detailed error messages to be displayed.

I removed the data-toggle from the button and put in a weight and the form submitted, I got a progress bar and an error.

I added the allowed file types and ran it locally and it worked locally.

The error is with .JPEG file extensions. JPG/PNG are fine, but it seems to me something is not properly configured as the reply from the server action is:

upload1: null

How have you configured the file upload step? What steps does your server action have?

Yes - here are the properties:

It works locally, but not on the server. How do we debug that?

It worked partially. Here’s an error I got on the console tab locally:

Are you sure the directory you are uploading to exists on the server, in the same location as on your local server?

Well that error is caused as you need to wrap the static content of notifications with single quotes, as explained in the docs this:

notifies1.success(Disc Added Successfully!)

becomes:

notifies1.success('Disc Added Successfully!')

Same for the other alerts added there.

BTW - did you know that you can directly drag/drop images in your posts, no need to link from another domain.

Folder structure is the same local and remote:

Does this mean anything:

servererror-249

Not really.
When do you see this error exactly? I see no errors on your page, just the upload step always returns:

upload1: null

Locally

Follow this guide to see the exact errror then …

I’ve done all of this. If you haven’t run the page recently, it is behaving differently. It actually looks like it’s uploading the file, but errors out at the very end.

So what is the error?

Locally, there is no error - the form works and the file is uploaded. On the server, I cannot determine the error as the server doesn’t seem to be displaying the errors despite having configured it to do so.

I’ll see about running the page from the server and report back.

Could there be a size limit on the server?

Well you just said that you see this error locally, now you say there is no error.

Can you please explain when, where and and what error do you see exactly and how to reporduce this?

Trying to be clear as I am changing things based on your suggestions, which seem to have worked in allowing me to upload the file locally (no errors), but doesn’t work when running the page from the server.

I have yet to run the page locally when logged into the server, but will do that and report back.

I hope you’ve seen the behavior by now on the page in questions where the file seems to upload (progress bar shows), but there’s an error at the end of the process and then the failure message in red.

My current question is about any IIS configurations that might need to be checked specifically when dealing with uploading files.

BTW - I want to say thank you for being so active in helping me. This is very encouraging when making a purchasing decision. Now we just have to get things working on the server.

Running from server (localhost) while logged in via RDP:

Error when page loads:

When submitting the form, here’s the error from the developer console of Firefox:
{“type”:“Error”,“fileName”:“dmxConnect.asp”,“errorNumber”:-2147467259,“message”:“maximum request length exceeded”,“stack”:}

What other information should I get?

This error means that your local server upload/request/post size is set too low.
You need to change it’s settings so that it allows larger file uploads.

There are a lot of resources online explaining how to do this:

1 Like

this was on the remote server - same process to fix?

It’s the same on any IIS server.