Classic ASP setup on Mac with parallels

I’m trying to work with Wappler to move away from a 20-year use of Dreamweaver; however, I cannot get anything to work. How do I get help with what should be the most basic stuff?

The error messages I’m getting are useless and I have spent THREE DAYS just trying to get a file upload to work.

I want to like Wappler, but if I can’t get basic stuff done, then it’s over.

First, welcome to Wappler!

Well, first the is the documentation, youtube videos tutorials by some power users and of course this helpful community. But in order to help we need to know what trouble you are having. :wink:

Thanks for the reply Brad, but where do I start? I’ve followed the tutorials in the documentation and when I test it locally, any number of things have gone wrong.

Errors like “‘check’ is null or missing” to just a set of braces {} staring back at me after I submit the form. Neither of which show up in any search on the forums.

I’m really sorry about my tone, I never planned on wasting 3 days on something that is touted as being so simple.

I also have a thread going about connecting to my AWS SQL Server that got a bot reply form George, but nothing else. I feel like there’s something that’s an unspoken requirement that I’m not aware of to make Wappler work.

I’m on a Mac (with Parallels), but wonder if Wappler is really intended to run on Windows to work right.

I am sorry you are having a bad experience. But really in order to help we need as much information as possible … links and screenshots really help. To say you get an error could mean hundreds of different things.

Wappler works just fine with a Mac … been using Wappler since day one on mine.

1 Like

Hello @manattweb

This is a really unclear description of any error message.
Please do provide some detailed nformation about what are you doing, where do you see the error, attach some screenshots of the messages, also attach some screenshots of:

As they are not usually useless for us…

Saying “it doesn’t work” doesn’t really help us identifying the issues you are having, when nearly 6000 users have already installed Wappler and nobody really reported something similar to this.

Wappler works on Linux, Mac and Windows. It’s not intended to run Windows to run right.

I’ll start with the link: https://mydisc.info/account/index.html

Maybe you can tell what’s wrong by looking at source code.

How about some help with my other question regarding the inability to connect to my SQL Server on AWS?

I already tried to explain you, that we need some detailed description of the issues you are having. Unfortunately I cannot guess what could be wrong on your page unless you provide some step by step description of how to reproduce your issue and what exactly the issue is.

1 Like

That’s some general server error returned by your server. Again lacks any description of what/how are you trying to do/achieve.

Added an image to the other ticket. Not sure what else I can provide. When I hit Test connection, I get the error described in the original post.

Have you tried removing the redundant JavaScript?

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
  $(function() {
    $(document).delegate('#submitMe', 'click', function(event) {
      event.preventDefault();
      $('#addDiscForm').submit();
    });
  });
</script>

Turning on the Debug Mode may help.

Couldn’t get the form to submit otherwise. Debug mode is on - set that first.

I’m curious about the checkboxes on the Server Data Bindings.

I’ve seen different fields have it over the past few days, but can’t figure out what they mean. Is there something wrong with the way the fields are setup?

Here’s something else I don’t understand. Why is the server action coming up after I hit submit? And why is the output: {“upload1”:}? Why isn’t it uploading the file? I’m only adding a file to the first (front image) field and hitting submit.

This has to do with validation rules. This also explains why you are getting a 500 error message and as the result. There is a setting under Validation rules that you have activated.

Edit: Click on image to see the bottom part.

@manattweb
Please remove the following script from your page. It is not needed and it is a wrong way to submit the form. The form must be handled by the scripts Wappler adds on the page.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
  $(function() {
    $(document).delegate('#submitMe', 'click', function(event) {
      event.preventDefault();
      $('#addDiscForm').submit();
    });
  });
</script>

Let me know when you remove it, so i can debug what’s wrong there.

Code removed and form does not submit. There doesn’t seem to be any validation rules for the file input:

The validation rule in your server action is applied on the weight input. You can click it there under post vars and check what it is …

There is some data-toggle attribute you added to your submit button. It is not supposed to be there:
data-toggle="button"
Please remove it and the form will submit.

Also - i see ERROR 500 returned from the server. Please enable detailed error reporting in your server settings so we can see the exact error returned by your server.

Just that it’s a number. Don’t remember adding that. It’s not required, but does that keep the form from submitting?

I have allowed detailed error reporting:

No it is not related. I am just explaining you what validation do you have applied there.