Classes not added to dropdown in sidebar when in repeat

I’m currently having an issue similar to what has been reported as a bug in the past here:

In fact, it appears to be exactly the same issue, only that instead of an accordion, this is a menu (metisMenu). The gif below shows two dropdowns, both are exactly the same code, the only difference being the first is a repeat to repeat the dropdown for each database entry:
ZSvhkFbXd6

Looking at inspect element, the issue is clicking it no longer applies the classes correctly as it does when not in a repeat, and I cannot figure out why. Does the repeat change how classes are added?

Here is a copy of the code from the sidebar:

HTML
            <ul class="sub-menu" aria-expanded="true">

<!-- Non working dropdown in a repeat below -->

<li dmx-repeat:repeat1="getUsersProjects.data.query1">
                        <a href="javascript: void(0);" class="has-arrow">{{project}}</a>
                            <li><a href="javascript: void(0);" key="t-issues">{{project}} Issues</a></li>
                            <li><a href="javascript: void(0);" key="t-overview">Overview</a></li>
                            <li><a href="newissue" key="t-newissue">New Issue</a></li>
                        </ul>
                    </li>

<!-- Working dropdown below -->

<li>
                    <a href="javascript: void(0);" class="has-arrow">Level 1.2</a>
                        <li><a href="javascript: void(0);">Level 2.1</a></li>
                        <li><a href="javascript: void(0);">Level 2.2</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </li>

</ul>

Does anyone have any insight on how I can resolve this?

Could you give the following a try?

<ul class="sub-menu" id="repeat_region" aria-expanded="true" is="dmx-repeat" dmx-bind:repeat="getUsersProjects.data.query1">
    <li>
        <a href="javascript: void(0);" class="has-arrow">{{project}}</a>
            <li><a href="javascript: void(0);" key="t-issues">{{project}} Issues</a></li>
            <li><a href="javascript: void(0);" key="t-overview">Overview</a></li>
            <li><a href="newissue" key="t-newissue">New Issue</a></li>
        </ul>
    </li>
</ul>

Yeah, I gave this a try before posting, but unfortunately, no difference.

In the meantime, I have created a workaround using a variable and show class to expand it, though it’s not the best fix since it doesn’t apply the other classes it should if it worked without this.

1 Like

What is metismenu? Is this some third party menu script? If yes, then the issue you are having is that you need to initialize it after the repeat region is rendered.

Yes, it’s a popular third party script - https://github.com/onokumus/metismenu

As for the script, it’s initialized last, well after the repeat.

I don’t see this in your code. You need to add a repeat children region and use its onupdated static event to call the function which initializes this script.