Class "chips" and search drop down

Hi,

So we finally get the grasp of the way to work with wappler and love to have a super-fast design tool with amazing backend integration - spot on!!

As we are designers first with let’s say database-only programing knowledge we really thrive in building good-looking apps. And here comes our wish into play.

Is there a way in the properties to get a chip per class and a drop-down for available classes that make designing so much easier…

so instead of this selector for the class:

this would be great… possible??

Not sure what you want to do exactly but we have a class toggle dynamic attribute so you can toggle any css class runtime based on an expression.

I think it’s the idea of how to add framework classes by searching for them

1 Like

@yellowsnow you can vote for this too! :grin:

1 Like

Autocomplete for classes yep.
This is not as easy in a desktop app as it is in a web-app that saves all that info in a database.

Maybe if all Wappler meta was saved into a SQLite database per project they could implement something like this. It would also probably give a more consistent UI less prone to desync when reading meta data. But I guess that’s a major change.

yes

something like this, also both CSS living in one panel (bootstrap’s and self created once)

Actually Pinegrow does it very well. Also all types of classes in one search / design tab

Actually my Designer was hoping he can design the whole app in pinegrow or webflow export the bootstrap pages and import them in to Wappler and build the app and the logic here.

Is a workflow like that possible?