Changer project settings does not save

Wappler Version : 5.2.2
Operating System : Windows 11
Server Model: not applicable
Database Type: not applicable
Hosting Type: not applicable

Expected behavior

Wappler should save and reflect in real time changes done to projects.

Actual behavior

New settings are either not saved, or deleted. One way to make them sticky is to exit wappler immediately after saving. See video_

How to reproduce

-Create a wappler project from an existing folder
-try to change any settings, including adding or modifying frameworks, from the project manager window
-save
-reopen the project manager: settings are either not saved, reset, or absent

I presume this is only for the project name?

It is dangerous to change project name as many things like docker might be dependent on it, but will see if we can improve that.

Hi @George,
no, it’s for any setting, including frameworks. I thing the project json file is not updated by the UI, so unless you exit wappler to get a fresh read, you’re writing over data that is stale already.

does this happen for only specific project? Maybe in specific folder?

As we have no other reports and can not reproduce it.

It happens for all projects, all my projects are held inside of a Dropbox folder. I shall try with a project hosted in a non-shared folder and update this thread soon, @George .

1 Like

The same issue happens with a regular folder created via Wappler on the Documents folder. It happens on my 3 machines, all win11. If you want to do screen sharing session or install debug tools on my environment, I’m happy to facilitate, @George.

Can you check if it is related to folder locations with spaces in their path names?

The folder name in my last test was just “test”, unfortunately. I’ve uploaded it to see if that helps.

I mean spaces in the whole path to that folder not just the folder name.

I see - I’ll need to check the path on my personal computer:

And on my own machine:
C:\Users\natha\Dropbox\dev_www\prequel_one