Change the index page of a mobile project

Hi all,

Before I jump feet first into some changes I want to make sure my process is correct -

I have an existing, nearly finished mobile app with an index.html page that simply displays the logo and login options.

The client has now decided to do away with logins! And he wants the app to launch into a product listing page which already exists (products.html).

I need to keep the routes for all the pages the same, just start with products.html instead of index.html.

What would be the “correct” way of doing this?

I have some ideas but not sure if they are the right way to do this?

1. Copy the body from products.html over index.html keeping the header stuff then change the links on any pages linking to products.html (and remove the original products.html).
  2. Have index.html immediately forward to products.html on load.
  3. Remove index.html and rename products.html (to index.html), then add the header stuff from the original index.html, a bit like option 1.

The app uses Framework7 and AppConnect.

Thanks.

Haven’t tested any of these yet since I don’t know what it will do to the Wappler code/links/includes etc.

I’ve not ever had to do this, but my first attempt would be to change the content value in config.xml:

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 8.49.49 AM

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the quick idea.

Just tested and yes, products.html loads immediately but none of the layout works as (I guess) it is not loaded by index.html.

In case anyone needs to do this (with their indecisive client):

I went with option 4 - added a flow on index.html set to auto run which users navigate to redirect to the products.html page. Also hid all the elements to make it match the ios launch screen and it works :grinning: