Change Subscription?

I’m trialing an Basic Individual plan which expires sometime today 9/15/22.
I want to purchase a Pro Individual plan but when I try I am stopped with a message saying that I already have a plan. I stumbled onto the Change Subscription page but it doesn’t list the plan I want, only business/enterprise plans.

Do I really have to wait until my trial expires to spend money here or is there another option for Wappler to take my money?

Hi, you can manage your subscription at https://account5.wappler.io/ but upgrading the plans feature is still work in progress. I can manually upgrade your plan to a Pro Individual (monthly?), if that is what you want?

Yes I would like to get the Pro Individual 49.00/month. Thank you for your assistance.
Last question…I’m in the US and the plans are quoted in Euros. Does this mean my subscription price will be constantly fluctuating with exchange rates?

Our prices are set in Euro, the currency conversion is done by your bank.

That wasn’t my question. Will my subscription price fluctuate with the exchange rate? Please be clear about this. Thank you

Each month our payment system will charge you eur 49, which will be converted to your card currency by your bank. So if the exchange rate changes, then the amount charged will be different.

I’ve updated your subscription to Individual Pro Monthly.

Thanks for changing the subscription for me.
I’ve never subscribed to anything involving Euros. Looks like I’ll be paying an extra 7% - 18% per month.
https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/EUR-USD-exchange-rate-history.html
HTH

Not sure what you mean by that? You will be paying 49 Eur per month as long your subscription is active. We don’t deal with exchange rate and our prices are in Euro as we are a company based in the EU.

I’m paying in US dollars and that amount will be different each month depending on the current exchange rate.
For example, on Friday 9 September 2022 the exchange rate was €1 EUR = USD $1.0147

So on that day if I would have been billed €49 EUR my price would have to be converted to USD so that Wappler gets the equivalent of €49 EUR from my bank.
That formula (on September 9) would have been:
€49 EUR x $1.0147 = USD $49.7203

So instead of having a fixed price in USD, my cost will be based on the exchange rate.
From Wappler’s perspective, 49 euros is 49 euros.
From my perspective, it’s like a fluctuating amount which I can’t predict. The ‘tax’, or increase, being the difference in exchange rates between the day I signed up and the monthly billing date. Traditionally, The euro is stronger than the dollar, so the amount will usually be higher for me.

Like I said, I’ve only ever subscribed to services in dollars so this will be a new experience for me.
I hope the dollar stays roughly equal with the Euro or hopefully even stronger so I end up paying less.

So far, in 2022, the exchange averages are:
***Lowest exchange rate in 2022: *** 0.9898 USD,
***Highest exchange rate in 2022: *** 1.1455 USD,
Average exchange rate in 2022: 1.0696 USD

https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/EUR-USD-spot-exchange-rates-history-2022.html

And here’s how the transaction came through just now at my bank showing what I was charged in dollars. This will vary each month depending on whatever the current the exchange rate is.

It will only vary a few cents. I have never had any surprises on my account. If that few cents up or even down is an issue you can go with the yearly plan. Saves you a couple months in cost as well. :wink:

My last four months it actually went down each month. (Canadian Funds)

September - $52.34
August - $52.76
July - $53.88
June - $53.99

Before that I was on yearly …

2 Likes

I am very sorry for those who are in this situation, I think I am even more victimized. When I first started Wappler

In Turkey
USD
1 usd = 4,82 TL ( 2018 july )
1 usd = 18, 25 TL ( 2022 august )

EURO
1 euro = 5.60 TL ( 2018 july )
1 euro = 18,29 TL ( 2022 agust )

You know that this is not related to Wappler. This seems like a question to be asked to politicians.
I think you can see the change above @Speedy . I wish I had paid a difference like 7% :slight_smile:

I couldn’t understand the relation between the price increase and the exchange rate difference with Wappler.

However, you can be sure that @teodor and all other users are always ready to answer all the technical questions about wappler and what you want to learn here :slight_smile: But I am not sure that there is someone here about inflation and country pricing.

1 Like

Btw, you can use the wallet in your account https://account5.wappler.io to transfer money at the current exchange rates and then the money in your wallet will be used for future payments.