Change Link Text

How do I change the text which is displayed for a link?

There is no entry in the Properties, and clicking on the text in Design View doesn’t seem to do anything!

Best wishes,
Antony.

Hi @Antony I find this too. Sometimes I drop in a link and I can’t double click to edit in design view or the properties window so I have to edit manually in the code view. Maybe this is a known bug?

Always thought that was in the Dynamic Attributes, but I guess I’ve always dropped into the code. Definitely should be added to properties, even though you can edit via DOM.

There are many types of links, specially in the BS4 world.

Could you indicate which one you mean and is double click in design view not working?

For me it is the Link element which uses < a href >

Yes, @George, it is this one that you cannot edit by double clicking in design view:

link

But this one you can edit by double clicking in design view:

nav_item

Best wishes,

Antony.

The reason why we haven’t added the link inner text the the property UI is that it can’t be much more than just text. You can have images and other rich content inside a link.

Also within design view - the link is an inline element - so it will become editable depending very much on it’s parent. So when you double click a link or a text around it you will see that its container will become editable.

We tried to isolate all possible containers - but we might have missed a few ones. So just let us know in what container your link is - when it is not editable in design view. Also when it is BS4 element which one exactly.

I am looking for the same basic thing. This shouldn’t take so long to figure out in a “design” view. the UX should be more intuitive…