Capacitor plugin improvement on Wappler projects

First of all, I’m not trying to offend anyone here, I really appreciate the effort of everybody on this community, especially the team.

I’m thinking about the limit we have developing a mobile app without using plugins.

You must know they’re needed for storing cookies (the most important) avoiding closing the app with the back button, push notifications, allow deep links, using the camera (outdated official docs, not working anymore), etc

Please don’t get me wrong, but sounds a little sad for me telling a client that they can’t go to the previous page using the back button, or navigate to restricted pages because cookies are not being saved (and around this forum, there’s a lot of topics about this issues)

Saying that, can I kindly ask what the plans are in mind?

Have you run into an issue with cookies? These are fundamental to authentication. As far as I know there are not any issues with Wappler creating/modifiying cookies in mobile apps.

This is something that is different for each platform. I have set it up in Electron, but haven’t moved on to Android/iOS. It’s not too difficult to setup, but is not something that Wappler handles for you in the UI.

Capacitor provides instructions. https://capacitorjs.com/docs/guides/deep-links

Thanks for the reply, the problem is not how Wappler creates the cookies, but how Capacitor handles it, inspecting the device returns that any plugin is installed/defined, so the issue is related to capacitor + wappler

Clearly, there’s a different way to import plugins with wappler and dmx app connect that I really can’t understand, and been fighting with this about 6 months ago.

I’m asking this because this answers everything:

And, from this topic https://community.wappler.io/t/wappler-roadmap-2022-2023-and-beyond/46067:

Are the team working on this? Will be available on some near future? It’s not on their plans? Is just a simple question with yes or no, sorry if I’m being annoying

Good news to all those mobile creators, I’ve found the way to implement Capacitor plugins (and old cordova plugins) to a Wappler project, need some hand-code.

I’m working on a tutorial:
(“New mobile project” - “Capacitor plugin” - “Cordova plugin” - “Signatures, uploads, and beyond Wappler stuff”)

If anybody needs ASAP to implement it, just DM and we can test it without any problem until I define the way to go.

PS: If someone want to colaborate on the ios thing, would be a pleasure, as I don’t have a macbook so no xCode as well.

Cheers

1 Like

Check out MacinCloud @franse

We have used it a few times. Very stable, fast, and a lot cheaper than a Mac! Comes with Xcode by default, and a whole host of other Dev tools.

1 Like

Nice! Does it comes with free trial?

Kidding, I’ll take note, it’s a nice alternative, thanks

1 Like

Hahaha. Nothing Mac is free… I’m just waiting for Apple to invoice me for just saying the word Mac!

:smiley:

Great to hear! Capacitor plugins are indeed already easy to use in Wappler. We have some of them also already available as extensions and App Connect components to make their options also available in the Ui. More are also coming and we will be soon publishing the extensibility guide for capacitor plugins so people can also build their own Wappler extensions based on capacitor plugins.