Wappler Version : 3.0.1
Operating System : Mac
NodeJS Aoo
Expected behavior
I should be able to store text area text in a ‘text’ dB field.
Actual behavior
No update happens, text input updates into a string field works fine, but on the same form that successfully submits) the text area > text field type in the same dB record doesn’t update, and just simply shows the default entry.
Are you sure there are not errors when submitting the form? Are you sure your textarea name is the same as the POST variable name you are trying to insert and is it properly selected in the update record step in your server action?
Hi @Teodor yes of course, as I’m new I basically follow your guides to the letter.
I created unique id’s and names for the form, and the form fields. Then I use the globals and import the form fields from that page. In the database update I then choose the correct fields e.g.
And this is the field i’m trying to update in the db:
What if you bind this textarea value in a setValue step in the server action and enable output for the setvalue?
Do you see the textarea value in the setvalue in your dev tools / network tab after running the insert?
@Teodor I’m actually having this issue with any table field type ‘text’ across the entire app, none are showing anything more than just the ‘default’ entry
I need to see some screenshots as requested, otherwise I can only try to guess what the issue could be.
Also do you see the inputs data sent in the request when you submit the form?
What about the setvalue step, is the output enabled for it?
Does it return anything?
Do you see the input value in the request headers when you submit the form?