Can't switch query back to simple mode from custom

I accidentally clicked on custom in the query builder, and now I can’t revert back to the regular query builder. is this a bug? Clicking on simple does nothing. But I desperately need to go back to the regular query builder.

I found this thread from March 29 that seems to have gone unaddressed;

Undo the change in git.

If no git, restore from your local backup.

If no local backup, pull from your staging or production target.

ah crap, really? I’ve made some huge changes since my last git… damn it. Is that button supposed to do nothing? @Teodor

EDIT: pheeew. I had a commit just before for my big changes to the query file, so not too much work needs to be re-done after all.

@Teodor that custom button probably needs a confirm modal eh? :wink:

Seems to works to with me, maybe there is a specific query you are converting back?

Could you paste the query and maybe add a debug log when it happens, see:

Sorry @George I restored from git so I no longer have the issue. And I’m way too scared to try it again haha. But thank you for the “how to report bugs” link… I’ll make sure to submit a ticket there with query and log if it happens again (or anything else).

You can just duplicate the server action and recreate the issue.

Oh of course, duh! Didn’t think of that. thank you @Teodor

I believe @George is on to something, I tried it with some other random queries and it worked just fine flipping between custom and simple. I thought to go query by query and remove them to see when/if the button start to work again. But the custom query view is far too advanced for me, so I shall leave it to the proffesionals :wink:

I submitted a bug report here #1686756936359

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Your report is missing the debug log, please attach it.

Oops, sorry about that. Haven’t had my coffee yet. I’ve added the log to the ticket @Teodor