Can't save name file after upload

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with uploading a file: I can’t save the name in the DB table.
Upload is successful, but the file name (“allegato”) is not written to the table. Field is empty.
Here are some screenshots. What am I doing wrong?
Is there a different way to do the same thing?
Thank you

2_ERROR
3_ERROR

Hi.
Welcome to the Wappler Community.

From the looks of it, you are trying to insert the name at 0th index of the upload object.
Maybe enable output on the upload step and see how the name is available.

Hi Sid, sorry but after enable output, nothing seems to change, I don’t understand how to deal with the problem
The file is handled correctly with regards to names. For example if I upload a file with spaces and accented letters, they are changed correctly

[image]

Are you trying to upload multiple files or a single one? If it’s a single upload make sure that this is not selected:

As it seems to me it is selected, the expression in the insert step is wrong.
When you turn off the multiple option make sure to select the file name in the insert step again, so the correct expression can be generated.

Hi Teo. Yes, it’s a single file, it’s not set to multiple

How is the upload field set it server connect and in app connect? Can you share screenshots of the properties?

w2 w4

And what about under $_POST in server connect? Is multiple selected there?

w7

Can you try picking the name of the uploaded file again in the insert step, as the expression there is wrong now.

How can I do that?

Go in your insert record step and pick the value again.

Done, but nothing changed. It’s a problem if file upload is inside a modal?

No,it doesn’t matter it it’s a modal or not. The expression is wrong on your screenshot. It should just be: {{upload.name}}