Can't Remove Port on Target

I have been messing with getting SSL set up for the past few days and finally figured out my problem.

says you have to remove the port but when I do my website is unreachable.

I made a new project and did it step-by-step.

New project

SSH Connection Works

Create a server in resource manager

It gives me some errors but if I preform a system check it works

I setup a new target

It has port 80 by default

Delete the port and save

I deploy and it says it works

But I can’t connect

I tried changing the port back to 80 and deploying and it works and I can reach the site

Is there a setting I have to change to match the lack of a port or what am I doing wrong?

@Teodor Any ideas? Sorry to @ but I have been messing with this for a few days and just can’t figure it out.

Some more info

The website deploys fine on port 80. When I remove the port in order to install taefik and deploy, it deploys without errors, but the website is unreachable.

I tried adding a domain instead of just using the IP and I had and the same results.

I tried adding portainer and traefik to see if I could reach the site without port 80 after they were installed.

Both installed/deployed fine.

I can access the portainer dashbord fine. It also allows HTTPS.

The traefik dashboard says not secure and gives me 404 page not found.

The normal website gives a Hmmm… can’t reach this page.

I’m lost on this and would really appreciate any help. Not sure if I am just missing something simple or if there’s more to it.

Have you set your domains name servers to point to the D.O name servers, added your domain to D.O and pointed the domain to your droplet?

Yes to all.

It happens both when using the IP or if I add a domain.

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache, clearing your browser history and cache and restarting the browser, or tried Incognito mode? Sometimes can take a little while to catch up. Usually within a few minutes but sometimes might need a prod.

https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-clear-the-dns-cache/

Is this a Docker container Eric?

Yes

Have you implemented the D.O basic firewall? If so remove it and try again.

I have not. Do I need to add it?

No not yet, it can cause issues if it has not been configured correctly. Worth adding and configuring once you can get to your site though, anything is better than nothing.

So the subdomain seems fine, weird. Hmmm.

I’ve tried it on an existing project and a brand-new project. Tried to just use the ip and add a domain. It just won’t work when I remove the port 80.

I think I have to be doing something wrong along the way but I don’t know. It’s driving me crazy.

Screenshot of my D.O domain DNS, is yours similar?

Should have two A Records for www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com or use the @ wildcard.

No nothing wrong you need to remove the port for SSL/Traefik.

But it also didn’t work before I added the domain. I should be able to connect to the IP. Doesn’t that mean it’s not a domain issue or am I wrong?

Try adding the A Record for www and @

1 Like

Just added them. Do I need to delete the wildcard one or not?

Now it looks like I can see the page but it is not secure.

Getting somewhere! :slight_smile:

Rebuild your container and redeploy to D.O. Delete any old images using the cleanup brush icon first.

HOLD THAT!

Working!! Using Tor for the tests.