Can't make a DB Connection

Hi All,

I’m desperate to figure out what is wrong with my configuration, I try to create a new DB Connection and it keeps the alert popping up saying “Invalid target configuration! Check your web server URL and the connectivity to it”, I already check my targets in Project Settings and all is good, the connection was always successful every time I click “Test Connection”, I can even access the web URL from the browser.

I have read the same problem already posted in this forum but non of them help my situation.

Note:

1. Don’t bother to test the URL from the internet cause it’s a local network URL (Intranet).
  2. My Wappler version is v5.4.0, I’m not sure what is going on after upgrading to the newer version when I create a new project and set the Target to the remote server the folder structure is not created, even when I edit a file and save it, it only updates it to the local folder, but not to the target server, I must always select the file and click Upload manually, I try to change the Usage mode to “Production” under “Targets” in “Project Settings”, still every time I save the file (Ctrl+s) it only saves locally not to the target server.

When I click Publish the message appears on the terminal "Can’t change directory to “/assets” and keep on and on, ofcourse it can’t change to that directory since it’s not created yet that’s why I need to publish it so Wappler create the exact copy of the local file structure to my target server, or do I need to create each folder manually to the target server???

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Agus

Hi Agus,

In the FTP server setup in one of my projects, I have these additional settings. See if these can resolve the connectivity error you are getting:

1. Add FTP Port No. - 21 is the most common port allowed on the remote servers for FTP access
  2. Add the FTP Remote Directory where project files will be uploaded
  3. Use Active - Enabled

Hi Guptast,

I have follow your instructions but nothing changed, everytime I click the “Test Connection” from the “Database Connector” the alert keeps popping up. Btw I didn’t add the FTP Remote Directory as you said since it was the root folder of the web.

Thanks for your tips.

Hi Agus,

I’m trying to figure out where the Database Connector setting is under Project Settings (screenshot on the right). I can’t see these settings even when I follow the setup you have in the screenshot on the left. Where do you click to open the Database Connector? I could have been missing a step to get to this setting or these could be related to a specific set of user selections which I haven’t yet come across.

Hi Guptast,

The Database connector is not under Project Settings, but I created it from the left toolbar under Server Actions as shown below:

I’m checking the project settings because the notification said I have an invalid target configured under the Project Settings.

Thanks.

Hi @agusramadona,

Have you solved it?

Hi Famousmag,

Not yet, still trying to figure out what’s the problem.

Thanks.

I think I solved the problem,

It could be caused by some Wappler FTP command not compatible with the FTP server I used (Filezilla FTP Server), or my FTP server app having a different scheme of file permission, I try to change my FTP server application from Filezilla FTP Server (the problem still exist), Xlite FTP server (problem still exist), then Wing FTP server, when I applying the same file permission scheme on Wing FTP the problem on Wappler fixed, I can create DB Connection without any problem, and when I edit a file and press Ctrl+S (make sure you are using “Development” on Usage) the file also automatically saved to the target server.

Thanks for all the helps.

1 Like

Glad you made it work!

By the way, take a look at this post (specially the solution) just in case that helps you.

I see you have no project folder set in the project setup.
Is the web root the same as the ftp root or do the files go into a sub folder?
If so set the remote directory to that folder or the connection test files will be uploaded to the wrong folder.

If using node try ignoring test and just try to put or publish the files anyway, sometimes the test fails due to missing files in the server but the connection will still work.