Cant connect to Database with MAMP

We are migraing from dreamweaver to Wappler I try to connect to database with no success. ( Almost 8 hours trying)

This is what I use in Dreamweaver.

Captura de Pantalla 2023-03-12 a la(s) 22.58.12

And this is over wappler.

I am using MAMP for mac os. I have read some other post about the same problem but no solutions found. I disable SSL as suggested and still having the problems. Change for my IP… change to localhost Any suggestions?
I dont know where does this IP comes from. 127.0.0.1:3306 ??? suppose to have the same as the Project settings right??

We can’t answer until we see your configuration.
Please post a screenshots of:

1. Your target setttings
  2. Your database connection settings in server connect > globals

Hi thanks for helping me.

Here is a screenshot for the targets.

I just notice that if I go to GLOBALS -> Database Connections -> Select the database and click test. Says DATABASE CONNECTION OK!. Here are two Screens.

But if I go to the DATABASE MANAGER first I notice a ! sing over the conection.

Here is a screen.

And using the same settings over Direct Database Connections says Error connecting: Connect Encounnfused : 127.0.0.1:3306. ( This is not my IP)

Screen here:

Captura de Pantalla 2023-03-13 a la(s) 9.49.47

Maybe your server doesn’t allow direct database connection, which is required for the database manager.

That IP is your local host using port 3306. Try adding the port number to your settings.

The default port is 3306 anyway, so it’s not needed if the database runs there. If your database runs on a different port, then you need to add it there.

I see you added some port here :8889 so that’s maybe your port … not sure if it is correct on your screenshot.

Hi

If I type local host over my browser comes this

If I type the 127.0.0.1 IP over my browser

And here is a screenshot for the MAMP ports. I changed for default ones.

The web server and database server are two different things!
Check the database server config, port and also check if it allows direct connection.

I found the main problem. Over MAMP PRO options need to activate Allow network access to MYSQL .

Allow network access to MySQL
If you activate this option you can connect to MySQL via IP address (127.0.0.1) and port (for example 8889 or 3306).

• Only from this Mac .
    Only applications installed on this Mac can access MySQL over the network.

• From other computers
    See the “Network” panel (System Settings) to find the “IP Address” of the Mac running MAMP PRO.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ORIENTATION. As I told you I am migrating from DW to Wappler. I want to be an active user and help other with my experience. Now I am novice in Wappler but have a lot of experience in development.

1 Like

Glad you got it solved easily. Welcome to the Wappler world!