Cannot Set Navbar Expand for Different Screen Sizes

Hey folks… am following the docs on navbar creation… but the expand property no longer has the 5 screen sizes displayed. So I’m setting the different screen sizes at the top and then setting the expand checkbox each time… but the selection I have made for each size isn’t remembered in the displayed value of the Expand check box.

And, the docs are out of date with the GUI.

All of which is quite confusing to the new user!

So of course I can set the navbar-expand-xx class… but that kind of defeats the objective of the graphical interface.

Not sure which of the docs you are referring to, but it is quite easy to expand the navbar at any of the breakpoints.

2 Likes

Yes, that is true @ben, but when you subsequently select the different screen sizes, the expand button is always either on or off and doesn’t change state depending on whether expand has actually been set for that screen size, which is rather confusing! You can only see what you have set by interpreting the expand-xx class, which isn’t quite the point of a graphical interface…

Yes, you are correct, this is confusing and could be tightened up a bit.

The initial scenario when I add a navigation using Blocks is

When I then proceed to reload the page, all is well.

In other words, the confusion comes when the page is not refreshed when changing views or code. @George.