Cannot Save at all after an edit

Wappler Version : 4.4.2
Operating System : 11.6.1
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Custom

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

I make an edit and then save the file, it gets saved.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

I hit command-s before any edits and I get the File Saved Successfully! message. I make an edit and Wappler just freezes up, doesn’t save the file and starts taking up a lot of resources. I have to restart Wappler but it does the same thing after reopening. Sometimes when it reopens all the code on the file I was trying to save is gone and I have to restore it from a backup. (see video and screenshot)

How to reproduce

Open Wappler, make an edit and try to save using command-s or File->Save.

Please recreate the issue with the debug logging on and send us the debud log.

Ok something odd happened. I haven’t been able to save for 2 days and after you replied I restarted Wappler with logging and now it’s working. If it starts happening again I’ll let you know. I’ll also turn off experimental features if it starts happening again to see if that does anything.

It happened again this morning. I changed to a different project and the first time I tried to edit, Wappler froze up, fans started going crazy and wouldn’t save. When it was doing it before I sometimes would quit Wappler and sometimes use Restart Wappler but once it would open back up it would do the same thing. This morning as soon as it froze up I used Restart with Logging and when it opened back up, it didn’t freeze when edited. Just like yesterday, after a Restart with Logging I could save and the fans didn’t rev up.

Well didn’t seem to fix for as long as it did yesterday. It let me edit once after Restart with Logging and then freezes up and doesn’t save on the next edit. Where to I find the logs? I tried clicking on “Send Error Report” but nothing happens when clicking at the moment.

Is this still a problem? We have many improvements in this area in the last Wappler updates

Thanks for following up @George. I’m thinking it may be related to what I reported the other day. Bug Report #1643829462558