Cannot Output Server Side Session Values Back to Client Side

I’ve just found that I cannot read the value of server action $_SESSION variables (which have the [ ] output option ticked) back on the client side any more. I’ve tried a million ways and they just don’t appear.

Please tell me:

1. Am I going crazy (it feels like it today! :confounded: )
  2. Could something have become corrupted in my design
  3. Are you finding this too?

There is no output available for the server sessions. We probably forgot to remove the checkbox from the UI - it does nothing.

You can access the server sessions with PHP.

Probably if you explain what are you trying to achieve, we will be able to help.

Oh! :frowning: Thanks for letting me know Teodor.

Yes, please remove the output box as I have just spent hours thinking I am going crazy.

Well I can cope without it… but since it was there, I assumed it worked and just had a feeling I had used it before and it had now stopped working.

I can output an assign variable though… is this supposed to work, or could this stop working at some time in the future?

You can output set value steps and it won’t stop working :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the purpose of outputting server sessions? They are usually used to pass data securely on the server side.

Well I want to pass certain data both to the client side, and have it available as a session for other server actions… so it makes sense to do both in one step if you think the output option works!

But no problem, I can pass values back to the client side using Set Value.

Yes that’s the right way to send data to the clientside.

1 Like