Cannot connect via FTP

Hi, I will appreciate your help. I read the manual and 4 or 5 posts on this board about setting up the ftp connection. I’ve done this with a few dedicated ftp programs so am not a complete newbie. BUT I feel like one. I am attaching a screenshot of my attpet and the error message. I have called my hosting company (LiquidWeb) and they did not see anything on my acct. that should block me. I am on a VPS with tons of memory and space.

I have tried using https:// and http:// prefaces to no avail. I have tried using ftp port 21 and sftp port 22 and no port at all. I’ve set up brand new accounts with ftp priveliges and still could not connect. BTW I connect fine with CoreFTP and WinSCP ftp - using the same credentials. So i am at my witless ends. Thank you. BTW, I WAS able to set up a DB connection, but it would not stay open because i needed to create a remote destination as i recall.

Are you sure that the domain mexicomike.com points to the directory to specify i.e. mexicomike.com/wappler by the looks of it

Thank you, Hyperbytes! Good question. Unfortunately, the Remote Directory is /wapperftp and it is accessible through the website. Unless you mean something different by “point to the directory …” When someone accesses a directory without a file, he gets a 403 message. So I added an html file - wappler-index.html and tried the ‘Remote directory’ as mexicomike.com/wapplerftp/wappler-index.html That did no good at all.

Other ideas? Thanks.

The ftp folder settings MUST point to the web root as files to test the connection are run from the root. If the folder settings point to elsewhere the connection test file are loaded to the wrong place and the connection test fails

Got it Hyperbytes. So am i to assume that everything else looks okay? In an attempt to follow your directive, first i copied the home directory from my ftp programs: /home/misty45/public_html They work in the ftp programs.
Then i tried mexicomike.com/ in the remote directory.
and added parts of the phrase above /mexicomike.com/
Thank you.

If everything looks good above this fold, at least i can concentrate on fixing where i have here. Thani you in advance.