Can Wappler Clone this Site?

Hi, I am looking to build a simplified clone of https://addwish.com. Users should be able to sign up and be able to create X number of wishlists (each an individual page e.g. website.com/lists/joes-birthday, …/my-wedding, …dads-retirement, etc.) and add Y amount of wishes to these pages with external links leading to the products and all. Is this possible with Wappler? Is it more like “d’uh” or more like “well, it depends …”?

Hi Momuc,
You could achieve all the above with Wappler.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast response. What version will it require? Not sure if I actually understand all those features.

You would need the Pro Version.

Last version is always the best solution.

1. You must make a reserved area for your users with authentication using the SECURITY PROVIDER. You can see in docs.wappler.io how to make a reserved area with login.

Once you make the login, the biggest thing is done, because your user will be identified by a number (the Security ID), then you will have:

1. a table with all users
    example:

id - name - city

1 | John | New York

1. table of the wishes

id_wishes - Description - User_id

1 | a new guitar | 1
2 | a new car | 1

when john login and add two wishes, you must insert the new wish but you will insert also the number of the Security_id.

as you can see in table 2, last field is always 1, it means that is always John.

Hope I give you an idea and not make things more complicated. I have no wappler in front of me and I’m going by memory.

Roberto

1 Like

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. A few additional questions come to mind - I hope you can help with those too :-):

1. Can I enable an unregistered user to click on a button to create a new page, where he can enter his wishes? Or is user registration a MUST?

2. Does Wappler support signup/login via Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

3. Can pages be automatically be deleted after a certain period of time, e.g. 180 days after creation?

4. When users publish the links to their wishes (e.g. new iPhone on amazon.com) on their wish list, is it possible to manipulate these links automatically in order to make affiliate links out of them?

Hi,
about your questions:

1. It depends how you structure the way that the application works and how you structure the DB tables.

2. It was discussed. Search in the community you should find the proposal. New features are implemented on numbers of vote they receive.

3. There are various way to do. At first sight, when you insert your wish record you can add a field like “expiry” where you use:
    date time var to get the date of today
    and the formatted AddDays

So you will have an expiry field where value is “date of today + 180” and in your query to list wishes, in condition you can put

datetime var =< expiry field.

In this way you will not show records older than 180 days.

OR… you can simply calculate on the fly… in the db table you must have a insert date (day when record is inserted)

The in appconnect you can filter the showed data simply using a condition where datetime =< inserted date + 180 days.

One more point: you say “delete the page”. You will not generate a page for each client … but you will generate one dynamic page who will change according database records…

same page can say:

Welcome Albert, you have 10 wishes

or

Welcome Alvin, you have no wishes yet. Start to share your wishes…
hope to give you an idea

Roberto