Can Wappler be used for an Auction Platform

I am looking to build an auction platform that is geared to auction houses, so an auction will be more of an event with several lots/items in 1 auction.
Must have features

• Date / Time with seconds mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss, with that a lot can close every so many seconds will be set in the application, so for example the 1st lot will close at 20:00:00, 2nd lot will close at 20:00:10, 3rd lot at 20:00:20 and so. The interval between lots will be done in the application per auction
  • When a lot is added to the auction it will take the time slot that is free so based on above lot #4 would close at 20:00:30, also to be able to change lot order and the closing time would update based on the lot closing order so it lot #2 and #4 swapped places, lot #4 would close at 20:00:10 and lot #2 would close at 20:00:40, basically lot #4 would become lot #2 and vice versa
  • Anti-bid sniping feature per lot, basically this will be an amount of seconds that if a lot has a bid in the last so many seconds that lot would have additional time added.
  • Real time bid and time left updates, with would only be needed say within 10 minutes of the auction closing
  • Bid Increments that change based on current bid amount
  • Invoicing, payment gateway
  • Mobile App that can talk to the database for creating lots
  • Having lots in an auction disappear once that lot has closed
  • Creating auctions and lots in the application
  • Shipping integration

I think the first couple of features is where the magic the other stuff is pretty common
Thanks in advance, if someone is interested in helping me with this project I will love to chat with you are well.

Hi @sevenrice and welcome. I think everything you described is possible. The only thing that needs a bit more attention is the automatic slot closing and creation. I donā€™t know if, for this kind of functionality, you should use a cron job. You can achieve the same results with ā€˜state managerā€™ component. But this would require a browser always openedā€¦ and in general it might not be the best approach.

All the other functionality is, more or less, easy and possible to achieve within Wappler.

Thank you!

1 Like

Real time updates are not possible.
The rest is just logic and can be done.

We implemented a solution for real-time tracking of cleaners for a Client. They need to know how long they have between Guests, which is a very dynamic variable to account for as things change quickly, and how long they have spent in a location, for invoicing for example. Itā€™s not simple but it can be done.

Mohammad (@mrbdrm) is correct with regards to the fact this is not something that can be dragged and dropped in Wappler, but the ability to do this is within Wappler. It requires work and some understanding of manipulating time and dates in the database.

:wink:

2 Likes

@Dave ve did you forget the adjective ā€œnakedā€ ? :wink: because this is a very important variable

2 Likes

You are more lucky than me @Dave . The first website I got paid was for a doctor specialized in hemorroidsā€¦ :(:expressionless:

2 Likes

Laughing hard here! :smiley: Mine was for a Chiropodist :slight_smile:

What is it about clinical practices!

:smiley:

1 Like

nice website @Dave, for the real-time updates it would be just a push of the new bids and the automatically remove of the lots would only be needed if a client has a browser open.

1 Like

Unfortunately Wappler does not provide Push services by default but there are other ways of doing this. If your User count is not huge you could simply use Wapplers inbuilt Scheduler component to do this. Or alternatively take a look on Github and StackOverflow where you will find various scripts and methods for achieving this functionality. May require a little hacking about to get them to work but should not be too difficultā€¦

I canā€™t find any details of the Scheduler in the Wappler documentation but here is the DMX Zone tutorial and some further details on the Components abilities:

The principles are pretty much the same within Wappler.

Another useful Component would be (also available with Wappler Pro):

Dave is DMXZone a plugin site for Wappler?

Hi @sevenrice
No, Wappler is a product by DMXzone.
Weā€™ve been creating extensions for adobe dreamweaver for more than 18years :slight_smile:

We decided to build our own web/mobile apps builder (wthout being limited by all the bugs in Dreamweaver) and built our latest tools in Wappler.
Itā€™s just some of the tools for Dreamweaver are used in a very similar way in Wappler.

1 Like

Apologies I should have made that clearer.

Interesting, I will have to read up on it a touch

anyone interested in helping me build this solution :slight_smile: