Can not set value of a field on click dynamic action 4.0

I am using version 4.0 on Mac and I can not set the value of a text field I can select set value but there is no option to select a value. This occurs will all text fields on the page.

Wappler Version : 4.0
Operating System : Mac
Server Model: Node
Database Type: Mysql
Hosting Type: Docker

Expected behavior

On click event should be able to setValue of a text Field.

Actual behavior

Unable to select a value for the selected text field on dynamic click event

How to reproduce

Select click dynamic event and try to setValue for a text field does not work on any text field on the page.

Flow action:

This is 3.9.9

Was working fine in 3.9.9.

I am unable to recreate this issue. Are you sure your page code doesn’t have any syntax errors?
Maybe test this on a new blank page and see if the problem persists there?

No code errors. Works fine in 3.9.9 so clearly there is something different between 3.9.9 and 4.0.

Only thing I can think is it’s related to a onclick event inside a repeat. But can’t see why this would be an issue. I can hand code it but that’s not ideal.

I have reverted to 3.9.9 for now as it’s just unusable for me like this.

I will do some quick testing this morning but don’t have much time today to work out why it’s not working in 4

Well can you please share your exact code please? And explain which element is trying to access which one?

that is not a solution …

I tested the onclick events and they work perfectly fine with text inputs.

Hi @Teodor

I tested this morning my time, is ok outside of a repeat.

Inside a repeat nothing. On click event on the Button.

<div class="row">
    <div class="col">
        <form id="form1">
            <div class="form-row" is="dmx-repeat" id="repeat1" dmx-bind:repeat="get_topic.data.get_topics" key="id">
                <div class="col d-flex">
                    <button id="btn4" class="btn">Button</button>
                    <input id="text1" name="text1" type="text" class="form-control">
                </div>
            </div>
        </form>
    </div>
</div>

I also tested in the Beta version and seems its occurs there too.

I was having this problem as well - Properties missing for set value and set selected index of Select but it seems to be working for me now. I’m on 4.0

Seems to be only an issue in repeats on 4.0 works fine outside of a repeat for me.

Tested and tested.

Gone back to 3.9.9 for now, can’t spend anymore time on this.

Bumping this :point_up:

Does this happen in the latest Wappler 4.0.2?

Hi @George

Tested in 4.03 and the issue persists.

Just to confirm - it happens only when your form is within repeat?
Also is it content page?

Yes only inside a repeat and yes a content page - which is inside a layout page. Haven’t tested when not ref layout page but don’t think it would make much difference.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.