Can anyone check this out on an iPad please

Big favour if anyone is willing

I don’t do iDevices as a rule (although i am getting to the stage where i think i need an iPad just for testing purposes.)

My current project is online now and the customer has indicated that the Swiper does not function correctly on iPads/ iPhones

He states that when you try to swipe, the swiper “bounces back” to the first image (whatever that is supposed to mean)

Could someone check this on an iPad/ iPhone and see if there are any issues with the swiper please. I can only assume the affect he describes could be a side effect of the lazy loader and a slow connection (front page loads around 800 images at present)

bookastudentroom.com

Thanks in advance

Hello @Hyperbytes,
Just checked the swiper on an iPhone and indeed there is an issue.
I believe it’s related to the autoplay option enabled, as it ‘jumps’ back to the active slide, when you try to swipe.
Maybe @patrick can fix this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, Mysql server seems to be glitching now, search playing up

Thanks @Teodor, on the ball as ever

2 Likes

Here iPhone X

Freddy, the question is not how it looks, but how the swiper is functioning on this page.
We’ve identified the problem and will fix it.

2 Likes

okay :smile::ok_hand:t5:

I’m sure the Wappler team are fitted with retinal implants connected directly to the forum…

:smiley:

1 Like

Yes that’s just a modal that pops up as an advert (which i really hate but the customer insists on) and the cookie warning but thanks for trying, appreciate that.

iPad Pro 10 inch
Images auto-scroll 1 each very nicely.
Finger slide <—|---> kind of jerky.
Finger swipe jerky, inconsistent

see video
my DL 113 mbps location Los Angeles
RPReplay_Final1550614574.MP4 (34.2 MB)

Hope this helps!

Just a thought though from UX pov it might be good if the locations came up in alphabetical order…

deliberately random at this stage until,they search on a location or university or the accommodation providers later in the alphabet are disadvantaged!

Big thanks @Howard for the time and assistance, thats really useful to see it in action on IPad. I suspect the jerky nature comes from

a) the data requirement is pretty heavyweight
b) the images are loaded via lazy loader so they take a finite time to load as the swiper is moved.
At least it isn’t “bouncing back” as reported