Buttons / links in iOS simulator not working

Has anyone run into the problem where no buttons or links are working in the iOS simulator?

I’ve run the cordova update, rebuild the project etc,
on Android the button route simply works, but on iOS no button works

Yes, same here.

navigator links, simple links using routes or direct to pages are note working.

Did you fix it?

I found this tip which seems to have worked (haven’t fully tested) and might help you:

Cheers,

Paul.

1 Like

Hi Mennovandijk,

Sorry I spoke too soon as the fix above enables the internal links to work but then forced CORS problems in the simulator and device (which I didn’t get in any other multiple browser and OS testing).

So ignore that advice :frowning:

But try this instead as it worked for me (links work and API calls no longer generate CORS problems).
Note - don’t know if it causes any security issues but in my case my app is simply connecting to my own back end.

Install the plugin in the terminal in wappler (so it is included with your build) -

cordova plugin add https://github.com/globules-io/cordova-plugin-ios-xhr

Also, I did not have to any extra lines to the config.xml (although the post does mention adding some).

I hope that helps and if anyone sees this and has advice on why this might have been happening and alternative fixes, please let me know.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi PaulBS,

really nice of you to provide this feedback for me and all other users. I think it will be of great help!
When I find some spare time myself I’ll take a look at this again.
:sunglasses:

1 Like