Building large projects?

I am really interested in what projects the community are building. Are they large and if so how have you found the journey using Wappler.

I ask as I am looking for a better rapid development tool than the one I’m currently using.

My largest and main project is an internal use dashboard for a job placement agency. It’s been in both production and constant development for over two years now.

As for Wappler, I couldn’t have done it and be doing it without Wappler. It’s because of what Wappler can do that I even have this job.

2 Likes

Hi, you can check the showcase section of our community:
https://community.wappler.io/c/showcase/17

There are a lot of large project examples there :slight_smile:

Mine is massive. 2 years of full time work in Wappler. A sophisticated booking system, contact database and finance system.

Built it in Bubble but Bubble couldn’t cope.

Rebuilt it in Wappler and it is flying.

Complexity is not an issue with Wappler. You just need to learn a few things about how to manage it…

4 Likes

Show off!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

We have built few web apps with Wappler of varying complexity in last 30+ months of full time using Wappler.
Wappler’s extensibility is fantastic and we’ve been able to handle almost everything clients have thrown at us. Of course we have had to write custom code many times - but still having leverage of Wappler for a ton of other boilerplate is fantastic and accelerates our dev cycles. Worth the money we pay for indeed.
scaling an app for high concurrency and large audience, in our experience, is mostly a server/DB side of things - outside the purview of Wappler per se.

frankly, i keep an eye out for other up & coming low code tools like: drona, dhiwise, bildr, anvil, uibakery, etc. in little time with these tools my opinion is that nothing comes close to Wappler in terms of the awesome GUI parts of building an app, flexibility to self host, own the code and data - all that while allowing for a non-tech guy like myself to write full fledged web apps.
and one can write custom code that gels well the Wappler Server Actions to do practically anything i can think of/has been thrown at us to be done for web apps.

I thought that by disguising the statement in a technical discussion I could inflate my ego with this personal statement and no one would notice! :rofl:

1 Like

I built a single system for a company that provides a CRM, task management, project calendar, price quotation and proposal document creator.