Bugs with Linode Docker Machine - Driver missing

Wappler Version : 3.3.3
Operating System : Win 10, NodeJS project, Deployed to Linode DM target using Traefik, Lets Encrypt and Portainer.

Expected behaviour

Deploying to a new target created on Linode through the Wappler interface should work exactly the same as the Docker container local target.

Actual behaviour

Two main issues:

1. I have just one server connect file for the whole site, it simply sends and email from a ‘Contact Us’ form. In the local Docker environment it works fine. In the Linode docker environment when executed, the server connect action sits in PENDING status for a while and then returns a 502 error with Bad Gateway.

Today when I went to load the site, the entire site wouldn’t load and gave a Bad Gateway error. I shutdown and re-deployed the Linode docker target and that fixed this issue but the server connect file still wont work.

1. I tried to access the Linode sever to check if certain ports were blocked, but I can’t because the Docker Machine list states that the Linode driver is missing. Here is what i get if i run docker-machine ls
production-Linode   -        not-found   Error                   Unknown   Driver "linode" not found. Do you have the plugin binary accessible in your PATH?

I then tried to create a new Linode target WITHOUT using Traefik/Portainer but I now can’t create a new target as i get this error when creating a new docker machine

Running pre-create checks...
(linode-test) Generating a secure disposable linode-root-pass...
Creating machine...
(linode-test) Creating Linode machine instance...
(linode-test) Waiting for Machine Running...
Waiting for machine to be running, this may take a few minutes...
Detecting operating system of created instance...
Waiting for SSH to be available...
Detecting the provisioner...
Provisioning with ubuntu(systemd)...
Installing Docker...
Copying certs to the local machine directory...
Copying certs to the remote machine...
Setting Docker configuration on the remote daemon...
Error creating machine: Error running provisioning: Unable to verify the Docker daemon is listening: Maximum number of retries (10) exceeded
Error Creating Docker Machine!

How to reproduce

See above.

On this bug, i have resolved the first issue. You’ll see in another post that Linode blocks SMTP access on the standard ports by default on new accounts. Its easy to remove but you need to know about it first.

The 2nd issue still remains. There is a missing Lindoe driver and i can not create any NEW Linode docker machines…something has happened