Bug Report from Rodolfo_Gamberale #2019-7-16_18-11-17

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18362
  • Wappler Version : 2.1.7

Problem description

Re your latest update: problems opening Project or File folder

I’m working on a project which opened correctly until release 2.1.5. But now… I have a trio of files on which I worked with visual sudio 2019, and after editing the files showed and still show correctly in all browsers (Chrome, IE, EDGE, Firefox, Opera).

Now, if I open the project folder with wappler 2.1.7, the files do show, but they can be opened ONLY in text mode - no way of switching to WYSIWIG. In addition to this “weird” behavior, the first and last two lines of the affected files are not shown (the code editor is in HTML mode, but nothing changes if coding is switched to, say, plain text or whatever else)

Steps to reproduce

1. Start wappler and expand full-screen (1920 x 1080)
  2. Open file, from windows explorer or from wappler icon on top left
  3. The file opens and, voila, no tag, and code only
    The affectd files open correctly in all browers, in Visual Studio and in DreamWeaver CC2019

Usually when that happens it is caused by some invalid code or errors in the code.

There must be some code issues on your pages, but unless you provide the exact pages code we won’t really be able to tell what’s wrong.

Thanks. You may indeed be right and I apologize if I’m wrong

There were a few missing pieces of code which I inadvertently omittted when creating some new pages by copying and pasting from other similar files. Specifically, and I don’t know why, the initial tag was not where it should have been.

My fault, most probably, and maybe a lunch a bit too heavy which took blood off my brain cells.

Should the problem repeat itself, I’ll keep you informed.

Thanks anyway

Rodolfo Gamberale

1 Like