BUG: Beta 8 - Docker Machine is deleted in Project Settings

macOS Monterey iMac Intel
Wappler 5 Beta 8

The current settings of Docker Machine in the Project Settings are deleted.

Once opened in Wappler 5 Beta8 it disappears also in stable version 4.9.1. It is not possible to revert with git.

I didn’t touch the Resource Manager yet.

Is it just the active one now being selected on edit?

But it there in the dropdown list right?

It is the active one (I have only one). I get an empty list in the dropdown.

If I open the project on 4.9.1 on the same Mac I have the same problem. I didn’t update on my MacBook Air and it does work there.

Does this problem really exist? At the moment, only this stops me from installing W5 Beta 8, because it is extremely important for me to save the settings of remote docker machines, because this is used in production.

For me yes. I assume that @George could reproduce this as he assigned himself.

1 Like

@George did you find a solution for this problem? Wouldn’t it be possible to automatically import already configured Docker Remote Machines to the Resource Manager?

Yes we already have an import in the resource manager of docker Machines from provider - just choose import existing server from the provider servers context menu. And make sure the server you choose has a local docker machine as well.

The old docker machines should also work just fine tough.

Thanks for the confirmation. I forgot to mention that I‘m using Hetzner. Will my posted bug be fixed on the next release?

EDIT:
I tested the Beta 8 on my M1 MacMini today and got it working:

I assume that the .DS_Store shouldn’t be there though.

This will be fixed in Wappler 5 beta 9, but you might still need to select the missing docker machine if it wasn’t selected and saved before

Fixed in Wappler 5 beta 9

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.