Bubblers Gathering Place

As more and more ex-Bubblers are coming to Wappler, we have decided to make a special category in our community for them.

So here you can share conversion tips and tricks and other Wappler powers specially dedicated to ex-Bubblers.

Lets welcome all the ex-Bubblers and friends here:

@JonL, @max_gb, @mebeingken, @andrewgassen, @marcusandrews, @Shuteopengco, @datguru, @DrNinjamonkey, @devper, @Logan, @zitroware, @cowontherun, @eddie5, @mangooly, @sevenrice, @scaleuptech, @xander, @HappyBaz, @niall_obrien, @dserber, @TheForce

So fire up all your questions and share your knowledge - your special category is #from-bubble-to-wappler

7 Likes

This is great! Adding @Antony to this as well

1 Like

Plus all of you lurking in the shadows…come out of the dark! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some of us like to stay hidden. :wink:

4 Likes

Adding @Seanhoots

1 Like

Well I couldn’t list all of you! Too many :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Woot. I definitely felt guilty making posts on other Wappler-first threads. Great idea to start a new category.

For all you other Bubblers…does this mean we’ve turned into THAT GROUP of people that have their own problem forum space? You know what I’m talkin’ bout, but I won’t spell those dang letters out here.

3 Likes

This group isn’t hidden yet. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m a current Bubbler and I must say Wappler intrigues me :eyes:

Especially in the performance, SEO, and freedom aspect.

I’m a n00b when it comes to manual server connections/database management etc… though.

@George Is there a plan where you can play around with the software and learn it for free? More than 7 days…

I think 39 euros a month is a fair price for a published app, but what about if you want to just learn the app in order to switch later?

We have been bamboozled.

With Wappler you are just paying for the use of the tool and you can always pauze/cancel each month.

No matter how many apps or web sites you build. They will keep running at the hosting you have.

Sometimes you have to invest in learning to have the profit later.

And by letting you pay a small fee, we motivate you to become a quick learner :slight_smile:

6 Likes

True, nothing motives a man more than bleeding money every month :smiley:

I know Bubble tools quite well and can connect to external API’s, but I don’t know much else.

Reading through the docs, of course… What should I learn before starting?

@JonL I don’t think I belong to this group as I’m not an “Ex-Bubbler”.
I’m still a very active Bubbler but just hoping to add wappler to my toolset. They’re both amazing platforms and each has it’s own place.

Even if I find time to become proficient in wappler i think in the short term bubble will still be my go to platform because the speed of development is currently unmatched.

My attraction to wappler currently is that once in a while i get some work which needs to be self-hosted on premise. I have one currently.

1 Like

I believe the great majority of us are all still bubblers :slight_smile: Anyway original post was to welcome ex-bubblers and friends as @George mentioned.

speed of development is currently unmatched.

Partially agree. This might be true in some MVP scenarios. But there are other scenarios were Wappler beats Bubble in development speed. Like building a full fledged admin dashboard.

With the latest additions Wappler is transforming into a PaaS tool. Basically it went from web builder to PaaS in about 4 weeks. It was pretty impressive to be honest. Bubble is lagging big time.

But the title here say’s “Ex-Bubblers”. I don’t like that tag :grinning:
I think there is a lot of value in having both tools in your arsenal.

2 Likes

Fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone…

It is soooo lovely to see so many familiar Bubblers here! It makes the move seem much more manageable as I know there will be support from the familiar Bubble community.

Yes, I will be a Bubbler for a long time… about to launch my app on Bubble, but will slowly port it across to Wappler during next year.

I’ve not even started the Wappler trial yet… am consuming Wappler, Bootstrap 4 and random hosting videos and getting answers to questions on here so I can hit the ground running when I start using Wappler full time.

See you all soon!
Antony.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m still using Bubble. I still really like Bubble too and am thankful that it exists. I’m actually rooting for them, even though I think they’re going down a bad path.

The way I view it, it’s possible to like and use two competing products at the same time. And while I think it’s important to recognize any product’s shortcomings in the hopes that it will spur greater innovation, there’s no need to trash it. There’s room in this world for both Bubble and Wappler imho.

You’d experience that too very quickly if your app becomes a big success on Bubble and you have to run up the ladder of buying performance.

Very true, as I’m finding out :wink:

Check out my post My Early Experiences Going from Bubble to Wappler + Translating Bubble to Wappler

@psweb has a great 6 hour course that is very helpful https://www.learnwappler.com/.

I’m going through this video right now by @Hyperbytes and it’s excellent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOIssJOyh8&feature=youtu.be. Anything by him is stellar!

There are how to’s sprinkled throughout the forum too, mostly by @Teodor. All in all, the community is great and eager to help!

But nothing beats taking the plunge and learning by doing. I was holding off on starting the trial since it was only 7 days, but once I started working in Wappler, things started to make sense quickly. And the best part of it all is that by learning, you are building transferable web development skills. In my mind, that education component partly justifies the greater than Bubble short term expenses.

7 Likes