Bubble vs Wappler List

Hey guys,

I’ve been doing a bit of research on Bubble vs Wappler and as far as my understanding, here are the differences:

BUBBLE

MAIN USE: Build MVPs/Prototypes

Bubble Pros

-not much knowledge needed to start
-fast development

Bubble Cons

-Can’t have multiple people editing at the same time
-Can’t export code / vendor lock-in
-Some plugins aren’t reliable / building plugins may later be useless
-Technical limitations
-Performance/speed issues (very frequent) & processing large amounts of data (work around with SQL connector, must for any BI tool)
-No mobile solution
-UI & Responsiveness takes longer time

WAPPLER

MAIN USE: Build professional, scalable applications

Wappler Pros

-Has native mobile solution
-Export code
-Fast updates from team
-Great support
-Sites are MUCH faster
-No limitations because you can add code

Wappler Cons

-Need understanding of basics of code, servers/database, architecture

Is there anything else I’m missing?

Also, if a project takes 1 month to build on Bubble, how long do you estimate it would take on Wappler? (Theoretically if your Wappler knowledge is as good as the Bubble knowledge?)

What a fabulous question. I spent 2 years designing an app in Bubble and have completely rebuilt it in Wappler so I feel very well placed to answer!

In my opinion, the answer is 1 month too.

Wappler is faster at things Bubble struggles with, but Bubble is faster in the general build as it manages all of the name space for you, and doesn’t require you to invest time in managing the hosting.

2 Likes

So @Antony you are saying basically it is 1 for 1 when is comes to building in Wappler compared to Bubble when it comes down to time.

I think the biggest issue I am having with Wappler over Bubble, Bubble for sure gets you started much quicker as you mentioned that with Wappler you need to understand the server side administration where with Bubble you don’t.

I’ve never used Bubble but have followed many ex-Bubble users on here and have been using Wappler more-or-less since v1. I would say that you won’t get 1 for 1 compared to Bubble from the start. There is a reasonable learning curve but the online training that’s now available will help that massively. However, once you know your way around it, development is staggeringly fast and reliable. I am now building standard CRUD pages in next to no time. Probably an hour would see me build a dynamic list which has add/update/delete in it using modals complete with validation and filtering. So my advice would be to set aside some time, probably a few days, to go through the various online videos and you should then be on your way to building apps very quickly.

1 Like

True, but that joy will fade when you realize that Bubble has a ceiling. At some point, you realize you are fighting against Bubble, instead of building with it. In other words, you start fast, but things slow down as you attempt more advanced use cases. Wappler has no ceiling because it allows direct editing of the code for situations when you want to use an external library, etc.

3 Likes

Ken you are actually right this is why I am here in the Wappler community, I started to have speed issues and I needed a large import of csv files so it pushed me into their highest hosting package.

BTW your course is great and I am excited to see where you take it.

2 Likes

Thanks…and hang in there…it will click.

Wow, glad to know I wasn’t the only one hitting ceilings. Thanks guys for all the responses. Going all in with Wappler now. Let’s get it! @sevenrice

3 Likes

Ex Bubbler.

Bubble is faster to get started and probably to end-end prototype.

But that’s exactly the reason why it is so limiting and everyone hits a ceiling.

Wappler is a steeper learn, and some things will take longer but it is exponentially better.

3 Likes

Another ex-bubbler here and Wappler advocate.

Wappler doesn’t create native code mobile apps. It does have a good solution based on Framework7 but it’s not native. I thought it was worth mentioning so you don’t get the wrong idea.

2 Likes

Yes.

You can argue forever about the details, but on average I find this is true.

1 Like

I haven’t spent time on learning Wappler and spent quite a bit on bubble. I think Bubble is more visual and is easier to understand at the beginning.

I’ve been developing an app with Bubble and got stuck since I HATE its responsive design implementation.

I’m familiar with bootstrap, css and html and used Wordpress with page builders. I haven’t seen any other solution which is so “complicated” as Bubble in terms of producing responsive solution.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Jon

1 Like