Bubble to Wappler - Translation Guide Available?

I have a feeling this forum category is about to get a whole lot busier following yesterday’s price change news

To help speed up the learning process for new Wappler users moving over from Bubble, I’m wondering if there is an updated guide/list of bubble features/functionality along with their Wappler counterparts.

Things like:
Scheduling backend workflows
Creating a page with a data “thing” association (dynamic content based on that page’s “thing”)
Data privacy settings
Database best practices

I know these items are covered in the various Wappler docs as well… but I’m thinking that starting off with something that’s already familiar to Bubblers and learning Wappler from that perspective could save them time and allow them to get up to speed building some initial projects in Wappler quickly.

If a guide like this isn’t available, I’d be happy to help (though I am pretty new to Wappler myself) and I’m sure that many Bubblers would as well. Some kind of quick reference guide could be a great tool for new Wappler users coming over from Bubble!

3 Likes

I am open to helping out Bubblers finding their way with Wappler. Having used Bubble in the past (still have one project running) I can totally relate to the struggles that a bubbler might experience.

Actually I think scheduling backend workflows is muuuuch easier in Wappler. What kind of scheduling are you looking into?

3 Likes

This might be a useful translation guide:

I just pinned it to this category as well as more bubble users are arriving here.

2 Likes

Something like this (I think) is very helpful for getting started:

It’s actually similar to what I was thinking about in the initial post. Adding to the list of Bubble features along with a link documenting how to find & use Wappler’s similar tool would be awesome for Bubblers new to Wappler!

4 Likes

Thank you, @jellederijke for chiming in!

I was throwing out a few examples of things that a Bubbler may have trouble grasping on Wappler right out of the gate. For instance:

Bubble Action: Schedule API Workflow
What would the Wappler equivalent be for this action?

Simple use case example:
Send a welcome check-in email to a new user 24 hours after registering

In Bubble, you’d use the “Schedule API Workflow” Current Date +24 hours
How does one do something similar in Wappler?

A couple of things that come to mind is that going from Bubble to Wappler:

• you need basic sql database knowledge
  • you need basic html/css/javascript knowledge
  • you need basic knowledge on hosting on a droplet and perhaps some docker knowledge as well
    -handing authentication is much less turn key in Wappler
    -batch processes are WAY faster in Wappler
    -running ‘backend workflows’ is much easier/less confusing in Wappler
    -adding custom code is much easier in Wappler
    -if you are a novice developer you will experience (in my opinion, your miles may vary) quite a steep learning curve. This is partly fixed by this friendly community, but will be steep and fairly long, nonetheless.
    -basic linux terminal commands

Regarding your 24h welcome mail I think one way could be to use cronjob to regularly run a server action that queries users in the db that have been created in the past 24h and send an email when that condition is met. There are probably many ways to achieve something similar.

3 Likes