Bubble popped - wappler equivalent of backend workflow

This is not hyperbole. You can start with Wappler knowing without doubt, you can build anything, it can always be done, it will never cost you extra, and you will be constantly learning new things.

3 Likes

I like Digital Ocean. It will have everything you need, without all the stuff you don’t need. Much simpler that AWS.

2 Likes

Thank you @mebeingken will take a look at that.

Does Digital Ocean do authentication like firebase? Or perhaps that’s being handled directly by Wappler?

Handled by Wappler.

Someone wrote a tutorial in the forum to delegate it to auth0 if you want to do that although I personally don’t see the need.

1 Like

No I’d much rather not. So great to hear that Wappler can handle that.

Just to add in this thread are some links to get some starting credits for Digital Ocean or Hetzner hosting:

3 Likes

Hello @JonL, I’m suprised they banned you - I’ve always thought you’re one of important power users :wink: For me it’s the same, past 6 years been bubbling ; I tried wapper before but previous editor was kinda hard - now im learning from 5.0 Quick start and really like it ! that’s a nice progress. So how many projects you already deployed with Wapp ?

2 Likes

I left bubble in 2020. I wouldn’t consider myself a power user 3 years after :slight_smile:

It’s surprising if my posts are still relevant over there.

Either way I am banned by the shills :joy:

5 in total. 2 on-going. Those two being the main projects I migrated from Bubble.

1 Like

Nice stuff. Looking at current Wappler possibilities that should be #1 nocode tool. I’m suprised there are “only” 20k devs out there. Beside those main showcases on the home page are there any other resources where I could check ready made apps ? I’m quite eager to see some more advanced stuff. On bubble i have deved an “ERP”- lvl application for enterpise / some CRMs etc - so I’m thinking how much complexity people squeeze out of wappler. I’ve seen already that medical software made in UK by Two devs - that’s really impressive and actually that turned my eyes in here again.

Besides the forum and the marketing site I don’t know of any. Why? It’s just not a thing around here I guess.

While on Bubble people are constantly showing what they have done. Here people tend to spend their time building instead of showing.

Probably because there is no marketplace for templates and plugins.

2 Likes

Well I ask just out of curiosity :wink: it’s always easier and it’s more convicing to see real poc. So based on your experience as of today how different is the speed of the development ? I’m totally aware about the huge differences between wappler and bubble.

Im personally in the middle of moving away from bubble.io to wappler.

I suppose the best way to put wappler for me, is wappler isnt limitation and will never be limitation for my use cases, the only limitation will be me personally and my knowledge.

In terms of capability, wappler, you can simply do more. For me bubble.io its easy to do the basic stuff, but near impossible to do the advance stuff. Where as wappler in my personal experience, basic stuff can require a bit of learning (coming from me where i had no experience and no proper understanding of web dev), however the advance stuff is signficantly easier.
the amount of stupid work arounds i had to do on bubble.io cost me hours and hours, if not days for like recursive workflows, and honestly never really taught me anything. With wappler, you can do the more advance logic, and while learning it, youll actually gain a skill that can be used in all aspects of web development, where as all my knowledge in bubble.io is a complete waste for me now.

Starting out can be a daunting task, i took the route of working with wappler development team, called slashash.co they are amazing and extremely skilled.
They developed basically majority of the migration app, and now im rebuilding it making slight adjustments everywhere so i run into issues when building and i can understand everything back to front. This method i see overall solid practice for security, data handling, database design, and just everything and then i slightly adjust for my personal preference and just to do it different and learn how that affects it. (the app was likely full ready to migrate, but i have control issues where i need to know everything about the app, since it does alot of financial transacitons i need to know its sound personally and have idea where issues could be if they come up)
Im rambling a bit haha

And another thing, your not tied into just wappler app. You can just use wappler app, but me personally i use it with vs code, dbeaver, vm machine for another wappler running. Once comfortable, you be able to develop so much quicker, well atleast i do. Im basically 8 months into my journey (took me a long time to actually decide to dive into wappler and leave bubble, which i wish i made the decision earlier), with about 3 months of proper proper learning now.

Anyway any questions feel free to reach out :slight_smile: Im based in australia so will be different timezone most likely.

2 Likes

@Hinky that’s a nice insight! thanks! I totally understand what you mean by advanced operations. I more or less know javascript and some basics of coding and it was always frustrating that I couldn’t do a simple loop natively - and yea… those recursive wfs are nonsense in terms of speed - totally agree on that.

I’m jelous :smiley: - my current concern is not about the editor or general concepts because it’s just a matter of hours inside, but rather those best practices. I’m only afraid that I will mess up something and I will have no idea about it :smiley:

Being able to know some javascript and loop natively will greatly help. I started off knowing nothing, but i love wappler because i can basically learn code at same time while being productive.

Yeah the best practices, your able to come up with your own practices which is good and bad. Im still figuring out what i want, and likely will always be changing. But when im finished, i do plan to share everything ive done, i just dont want to yet, as i still have alot to learn.

2 Likes

Have you checked out the meet-up videos on the Wappler YouTube channel? That dental app was showcased there (if that’s the one you’re talking about?)

2 Likes

Yes, when I saw that dental app I was like … “Waaat ? That’s a wappler made software?!” - this is the level of apps I’m developing today with bubble but ofc it’s faaar from what’s achievable with wappler coding. When that guy made a search on 1.2 mln records within a second I started to cry :joy:

That’s waaay beyond bubble capabilities within next 5 years :smiley:

Well I’m sure there are security guys on the forum here that can provide guidance. I’m not a traditional coder and I didn’t work in a software house or something. My main concerns are connected to things I don’t know yet :wink: Wappler gives you more power but also more responsibility. If you will craft some insights from your development and share that with wappler-incoming bubble community that will definatelly be a huge help :slight_smile:

I had this same question too and I think the most impressive example I could find was @mebeingken’s really impressive MealProApp, but as @JonL said it seems that people using Wappler don’t really bother showcasing, rather just building. Compared to Bubble, Wappler can basically be used to build anything (especially mobile apps & whitelabel solutions, something that was practically impossible with Bubble) so I think there’s less of a need to show off as much.

@rukevweb this app is really nice I like it :slight_smile: but in terms of impressivness - dental app wins the year. ! That is uber impressive :slight_smile:

1 Like