Browser not showing CSS changes but Design View is?

Hi All,

Just finished up my trial and now have the Pro version as i get to know the product. I’ve been having an issue today trying to get some custom CSS properties/changes to reflect properly and i just can’t seem to get ir right as the bootstrap properties seem to be overriding it.

Now to clarify, i am NOT changing red coloured properties (as i can’t anyway) AND the changes are being correctly displayed in Design View, BUT are not being reflected in the browser.

I’m not sure if i am missing something obvious or if there is a bug/issue.

In the example below, i am changing the properties of a column that has a table within. I am changing it to a set max height of 600px and adjusting the overflow properties so the user scrolls to see the data.

It is working correctly in Design View, but when i open in the browser it is still using default BS CSS.

This has also been happening with other properties i’ve been changing (mainly background colour).

Any help would be much appreciated.

CSS vs Bootstrap.mp4 (8.3 MB)

Cheers,
Phil

Hello Phil,

Make sure to upload your custom css file to the server when you want to preview the changes. Also make sure to clear your browser cache, as it might be showing cached version (CTRL + F5)…

1 Like

wow… after all that, it was a simple caching issue. Thanks for the response Teodor, it worked.

2 Likes

If you are working on a Mac, caching is always an issue – especially with Safari. I believe it is due to the frequency of refreshes that we often do while working the cosmetics of our webpages. I have to force the refresh during the whole process – especially when working with the CSS.

I use control-command-r. It works every time. However, sometimes the old cache will pop back up again – from where? I have no idea!

But a quick, control-command-r will snap it back to the most recent change every time.

Most of the time cache is doing wonders for our everyday viewing experience that we just take it for granted…but in this case it was definitely working against me :grinning:

All good now though. Let the learning fun continue!

1 Like

a lot of times, especially if I am troubleshooting a page with a client I will have them open a incoginto windows in chrome or private window in firefox, not sure the equivilant in safari. But if you open private window, it doesn’t cache. there for you are certain you aren’t dealing with cache issues.