Browser as webview in mobile app

Hi, I want to build an app, which will receive webhooks from server. Once received, it should show notification and play custom sound. Once clicked on the notification, it should open within the app a specified url and save cookie with login on this url. Is it possible? I have a problem with browser, which is using gotourl and opens it outside the app. I need to keep it inside the app with apps’s header and footer. How can I set it to embed webview? Thank you.

Hm… Have you tried using an iframe? It’s an HTML tag that allows you to open a page within the current page, so you can open a page within your header/footer

Thanks, iframe is working fine. I thought the browser function is for this purpose, but it’s probably just for external url.

Do you have any idea, how to run the webhook or once the api action is done, how to get the information to client side and show the modal? I tried websocket and refresh or scheduler, but it’s not working :frowning:

Does it work for internal URLs?

Sorry, don’t have experience with WebSockets :frowning: Probably that’d be the way to go

P.S.: Also worth noting I have no experience with mobile apps

You are touching on several items. Maybe it will help you to learn about push notifications through a service Onesignal or similar. This allows to push a notification to a mobile device from the server.

Also look at in app browser plugins for whichever builder you after using, capacitor or Cordova. This allows you to open web pages within your mobile app without leaving to the device browser.

I understand that there has to be some push service like Onesignal. To make it easier, I tried the same for website, but without any luck. I tried sockets or scheduler, but I can’t get this running. The idea is simple - I have api with post variables. Once this api receives data, it should let client side know and show modal.