Bringing Forward My Move to Wappler

Hello all you Bubblers…

You may recall me saying last week that I was going to release my rather large app on Bubble during December and then port it to Wappler over next year.

Well…

I’m beginning to think I should just delay the launch date by 3 months and start moving it all over to Wappler now!

I’m going to do my 7 day trial starting on Wednesday, and try to feel whether this would be feasible over a 5 month period. (because it is a very big app!).

So…

I plan to post lots of Bubble to Wappler questions here over the next few days to bring me some real focus to my trial… and if you could do your best to answer those you have experience of I would be truly grateful.

Here’s to the Wappler move,
Best wishes,
Antony.

PS - fyi, my app is a large business admin app, including contact management, financial management and event booking.

4 Likes

First advice. If you want to make as much as possible of the trial don’t start it until you have designed your database schema, created the database and ported some/all data.

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan @JonL, thank you! Do you have a favourite tool for managing mySQL databases? This is a whole new world for me! :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly , we will manage mySQL databases with Wappler

Mysql workbench is free and has everything you will need.

Hi there @s.alpaslan… thanks for your reply… so database management is a planned feature of Wappler I believe? Is it on the roadmap for any particular date?

There are no dates for roadmap. The hotter the topic the quicker it is implemented(if feasible). They have a dynamic roadmap based on user needs.

DB management is on the roadmap but If you want to move forward with porting you need to park that idea at the moment.

no date is set for new features to be added. But I think it will be added soon.

I may be wrong but I think a database manager was dependent on Docker being implemented. I get the impression that the DB manager will be linked to using a local Docker database although I hope not limited to as I am not a docker user.

Navicat is great but not free now, MySql workbench is also good as is Heidi SQL and most hosts also over MyPHP Admin on their control panels

Hi Brian,
No, the database creator won’t be Docker dependent. This will be a dialog, similar to the database insert/update which will allow you to visually create your database table, columns, data types - much easier for inexperienced users, than what you do in phpMyAdmin.

4 Likes

Great news thanks Teodor

I think it’s more dependent on nodejs implementation and sequelize integration. But that is just a wild guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In addition to Jon’s comment on dB schema, if you really want to maximize the seven days, spend time with bootstrap 101, and git courses online before starting. Those will both serve you very well in learning Wappler. Bootstrap for the design side and git for safeguarding your app as well as flexibility to develop in branches, etc.

6 Likes

So just finished my trial and signed up to the Wappler Pro. I am just kicking myself now I think I should have made the jump to Wappler last year when I first took a peak. But back then Bubble was full of promise, but reliability is getting worse, they are having real problems scaling the business model. Will take me about a year to port across, but hopefully I can do it in six months. The areas I will need to improve my knowledge is Databases and correct normalisation, stored procedures and how to Schedule Cron jobs correctly. But its so much more fun using Wappler when you can see what is actually going on!

9 Likes

Well done Steven, welcome to the club. I too moved from Bubble and struggled for the first few weeks and almost gave up, but after some persevering I’m so glad I switched and there’s definitely no turning back. The forum here is great if you get stuck, a real community spirit :beers:

4 Likes

You won’t regret the change today. Even less in month when you see after 4 releases how much work these guys can deliver.

3 Likes

I found the learning curve quite steep initially but once ‘the penny dropped’ I’ve never looked back. I have built many sites in Wordpress over the years and am desperate to rebuild all of them in Wappler, it’s that good!

And, as @JonL says, the weekly releases are staggering. I love having direct contact with the people actually developing this software.

2 Likes

You are right, woke up to see a WYSIWYG integrated and was wondering how I was going to do that, amazing stuff!

1 Like