Bootstrap form generator not filling in Date input

Have a form setup through bootstrap form generator. Query is working and returning the correct data.

Problem is returned data has a date in it and will not populate unless I use a text input, however i need the end user to possibly update this field and a free form text input is not ideal. If I set the field to type date, it’s just blank. I have tried formatting the data to MM/dd/yyyy, it doesn’t help.

We noticed in the inspector this error related to the datepicker:

Wappler is up to date and is 4.9.1

Hi.
This just means you are missing the date picker library includes in the main page. See if there are any unsaved changes.

If you are using NodeJS, Go to the layout page and create a datepicket there for Wappler to include the required files. Then you can remove the picker from layout page.

ok. that fixed the issue with the missing library.

Why doesn’t it fill in the input field when it’s set to date? The generator created the field as a date field? This is how it shows up:

figured it out. I had to apply a format to it of yyyy-MM-dd and it works.

The generator is smart enough to create a date field but not smart enough to format it correctly to work :man_shrugging:

When using the date picker component you dont have to format in any way.
Maybe you are doing something differently?

Nope, it doesn’t work unless I add a Format Date to it and use the format I listed above.

I used the bootstrap generator and nothing was changed.

What exactly “doesn’t work”?
And what exactly do you have on your page?

Note that the form generator is adding basic inputs only. It doesn’t add components. If you want to use components you need to convert your inputs to the selected component afterwards …

This a bootstrap generated form from a server connect. The DOB field doesn’t display a date until i add a format to it.

I deleted it and re-created it again using the generator. The date doesn’t display. The date coming back from server connect is this:

I’ve done nothing special and the column in mysql is just a date column. ::man_shrugging:

This is standard html5 date type input. That’s why you need to change its type.

If you want to use the date picker component just change the input type to text and select convert to … date picker.
That’s all.